New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking on craigslist armslist and wantaddigest
anywhere else I could look to see if I can find anything. ?

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
I see a lot of used dies at gun shows.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Not used, but check out Amazon. Surprisingly, it tends to have the best prices on reloading equipment. I check Amazon and other sites daily (just finished looking at dies), and usually Amazon wins.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not used, but check out Amazon. Surprisingly, it tends to have the best prices on reloading equipment. I check Amazon and other sites daily (just finished looking at dies), and usually Amazon wins.
yeah been checking there I'm thinking I'm going to go with a lee turret press with auto index and build my own kit

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
From my experience what people want used on craigslist you can just buy new. I suppose the prices fluctuate with ammo shortages and such.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
RCBS and Hornady offer packaged deals (new). Good for starting.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Buy something new save yourself the headaches. I owned a used Lee Load Master that I bought from Amazon, for three months. I now run a Dillon! I should have saved for another month or two and bought the Dillon in the first place.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
yeah been checking there I'm thinking I'm going to go with a lee turret press with auto index and build my own kit
That's what I have. Works for me. It may not be the Cadillac of presses but I'm happy with it. :)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Do that! It's a great way to start. It is still a single stage, but it reduces the amount of brass handling. If the auto index breaks, you can manually index the dies. Check out IraqVeteran8888's video on the exact press.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Been looking on craigslist armslist and wantaddigest
anywhere else I could look to see if I can find anything. ?
Target sports in Glenville had a box of used odds and ends available last week. I think there is an older Rock Crusher press, 10-10 scale, a Lee shellholder kits and some odds and ends like funnels, chamfer tools, etc You could probably part out what you did not need on eBay. Some of the stuff was quality (RC press and 10-10 scale), the other stuff so-so.

Call Beecrofts in Schaighticoke and tell them you are getting started reloading and ask what kind of odds and ends they have. That place is a dark, dusty and wonderful gold mine of used and new gear.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was at a flea market and a guy had a Dillon 450 set up for 30-06. He wanted $220 for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts