New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been thinking of what i want to when i get "older", Im a criminal justice student, so police officer is number 1 on the list, but right now there are more layoffs then hiring, so my second choice is security (eventually armed security, or personal protection of government officials, like the secret service) where do i go to become a certified security officer.

Input from persons working in the security industry needed.

Thanks guys

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
You have 2 options.

Google certified courses in your area or apply for a security job. I believe the major companies (securitas, guardsmark, and others) provide that training for you on their dime.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I work for Securitas right now as a site supervisor. I can answer any questions in regards to my office. Not the greatest company to work for by a long shot, but it pays the bills. I took the Buffalo Police Exam last year, and I am in the top 50 to be called. It is a very long slow process. In the meantime, I do security just because it is loosely related to the field.

·
6,795 Posts
I am in security as well while looking for something better but I make much more then minimum wage, but I also am responsible for a lot of things at same time.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not worried about pay too much right now, I just want to get my foot in a door somewhere

·
6,795 Posts
yea just ask the place you want to work at if you need your license first or if they provide the training. Some places will train you and do the paperwork for your initial license and others will want you to already have it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What about EP (Executive Protection) anyone have any experience in that field

1 - 9 of 9 Posts