New York Firearms Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
I have a PT1911. I've shot it in defensive pistol and at the range. Only malfunctions i've had are ammo related on my reloads that happened to be my fault. (not seating primers hard enough)

It feeds any ammo i've tried in it, including ammo that wouldn't feed in some of my friends higher end 1911's. It's the only Taurus i've owned but I can't say one damn thing bad about it in any way. YMMV

The dust cover on the back of the slide kept flying off. We kept putting it back on until it broke. Soon thereafter the small bits in the slide, like firing pin safety, spring, and finally the firing pin started coming out the back until the gun ceased to work. She got probably around 300rds through it until lit completely self destructed. It went back to the shop where we bought it and let them deal with it. We took a loss but used the credit to buy a Bersa Thunder 380 and have been happy since.
So you went from one POS to another POS?

So you went from one POS to another POS?
Not a single thing wrong with it so far. I am not the only one that feels it is a great gun with a very reasonable price point. Reviews on gun chat forums are very favorable, including GT. As long as it's reliable and my wife can shoot it well and with confidence I could care less if it's a 380 or a Walther knock-off. It's certainly better than the current line that S&W is producing under the Walther name.

Maybe I'll put some beaver lube on it so you have something else to cheap shot me on.

I had one and only one Taurus. Think is was one of the 85 series 38 +P. Hated it!!! Not only was it heavy the trigger sucked. Double or singe it sucked. Felt cheap and was. Traded it quickly and never looked back.

I have a PT1911.
About 2500 rounds so far ,90% of them reloads ,200 g SWC (lead)
No issues. 2-3 malfunctions , all because of ammo.
Only complain I had was a two piece guide rod kept coming apart and then it was a pain to take it appart then.
Swapped it for shored GI guide rod and solid plug and it keeps on ticking.

I have a PT1911.
About 2500 rounds so far ,90% of them reloads ,200 g SWC (lead)
No issues. 2-3 malfunctions , all because of ammo.
Only complain I had was a two piece guide rod kept coming apart and then it was a pain to take it appart then.
Swapped it for shored GI guide rod and solid plug and it keeps on ticking.
Must be an older model? Mine came with a one piece guide rod from the factory...

Send one of your guns back for warranty service and let us know how you make out with that. See you in 9 months.
I sent one back, it was fixed and returned within three weeks.

My understanding is that their repair turnaround time has significantly improved over how it was <some number of years ago>.

Just picked this up for $200 new ~ It goes bang every time i pull the trigger! Cant beat it for the price! Also got a free 1 year membership to the NRA~

Attachments

They way that taurus revolvers hold the cylinders in is ass backwards and stupid, goes out of timing/whack real fast.

They way that taurus revolvers hold the cylinders in is ass backwards and stupid, goes out of timing/whack real fast.
What are you refering to? I have a S&W 357 and a Taurus 357 they look identical in how you strip the cylinder down. what is different that I am missing?

I have a taurus 92 ( beretta) copy that is a great gun. I also hear good things about most of their revolvers and 1911 pistols. Now when it comes to their polymer pistols I have not had good luck with them and would not buy them unless I really had to get it.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
^^^ the pt92 was the best that they did IMO, fires like a Beretta, half the price, and pre ban mags are everywhere, same for the 1911, the polymer pistols, they did okay with the millennium pros and pistols to that nature, but some of the newer ones, I'm doubting and I don't even own those

Did some googling:
" The yoke on a S&W is a solid axle held to the frame with a tapered screw anchored at the end of the yoke. This was one of the design patents Taurus was denied. Instead, Taurus had to use a screw and notch at the front of the yoke assisted by a détente spring and plunger."

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.