New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't understand, its going on 3 years and getting no better, where can you buy pistol reloading powder? I see some slow burning rifle powders avalible but that's it. the closest thing to pistol powder avalible is imr4227 and that's it. And 4227 is for the bigger pistols such as 44mag,357 and 50ae. I know certain powders are made in Australia and they seem to be available, but where is the Bullseye, Unique, Blue dot and H110 to name a few? I see people on Gunbroker price gouging their own kind by listing H110 for double its fair market price. if anyone knows something, please, do tell.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I am getting in some pistol powders, less than I order but some is trickling in. 1, 2 or 3lbs. at a time when I order 8 or 10. Got 1 Bullseye, 4 H110 and 3 CFE pistol on my last order. Most orders are 3 to 4 months on backorder.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I love Bullseye (haven't found it here yet)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am getting in some pistol powders, less than I order but some is trickling in. 1, 2 or 3lbs. at a time when I order 8 or 10. Got 1 Bullseye, 4 H110 and 3 CFE pistol on my last order. Most orders are 3 to 4 months on backorder.
who are you? what store? How can I order H110 and CFE?

·
Registered
897 Posts
I only use Bullseye when nothing else is avalible. Bullseye is a very dirty powder.
Yes it is and that is the very reason I take my 1911 apart every Saturday and have never taken an alibi during IPA

·
Super Moderator
3,236 Posts
Jeff just picked up 3 pounds of Bullseye for me at Fins, Fur, and Feathers in Columbus Ohio. He said they had 6 pounds on the shelf. They also had lots of other powders on their shelves. Funny no shops around here seem to be able to get pistol powder but shops in other states seem to have it. I shoot Bullseye exclusively in my 9 and 45, have for years. People say it's dirty but I clean my guns occasionally. ;)

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I'm finding some powder online at Bruno's in PA . They ship . . Remember that most of the powder that is used is supplied by the same powder companies who put it out for reloaders . The ammo companies are still running 24/7 so there's a lot of powder right there . The prices aren't much higher than before the big run on ammo and firearms plus they have had a few fires at the powder companies also ! This alone will make it hard to find . Keep looking it's around , just like the elusive woodland snipe , you used to try and get your girlfriend to go out hunting at mid might for ! L know I used that idea too !

·
Registered
753 Posts
I was able to pick up 2 lbs (their daily limit) of Titegroup in Norfolk, VA while on vacation last month. Wish I had found that store before my last day there. They had about 10 - 15 1# bottles of it on the shelf.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
At my LGS, it's really a non issue. We always have pistol powders. I can get my Power Pistol whenever I want, and they are always loaded.

I think I'm just lucky, but powders around here (perhaps not the SPECIFIC one, but always a comparable one) have not been an issue and even primers weren't that bad.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
UPS delivered me 2 Titegroup 4#ers yesterday. I order from several different distributors and take what I can get.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
At my LGS, it's really a non issue. We always have pistol powders. I can get my Power Pistol whenever I want, and they are always loaded.

I think I'm just lucky, but powders around here (perhaps not the SPECIFIC one, but always a comparable one) have not been an issue and even primers weren't that bad.
I suspect that it is more of a local issue, and LGS that sell a lot of reloading supplies and had powder backordered when supplies were low have a decent supply now. Franks out near you and Beecroft in Schaghticoke always seem to have most types of powder in stock most days. Other LGS that only had a few pounds of powder on the shelf even before the panic do not seem to make an effort to really chase down hard to get powders now.

I think that LGS that make an effort of finding and selling reloading supplies are able to get the powder they want, but LGS that just do reloading as an afterthought do not have much to offer right now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts