New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was curious what everyone is doing with your extra shotgun barrels? I am always terrified that I am going to scratch them or they are going to fall over or something! So out of curiosity I was wondering how your storing your barrels or where, I just don't have enough slots in the gun cabinet I don't even have room for guns so let the ideas flow... thanks
-Joe

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you are worried about scratching them, you may consider gun socks for them if you have to pack em tight or stack them.
That's what I do. I use gun socks on all my guns, and barrels in the safe. That way, I don't have to worry about scratching them up. Might be a little more difficult differentiating which gun is which once I have more, but for now, it works.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gunner those look nice will even protect them if they are put in the closet I dont have enough room for guns in the cabinet let alone barrels lol!

·
Registered
160 Posts
My wife made some narrow cloth tubes out of some soft blanket like material and just added some tie strings on top. Slide the barrel in fold over and tie the string around the barrel. She also made some rifle sleeves out of the same material.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mine are sitting in the corner in the closet. Oil them up before I put them in there and I have never had a rust issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts