New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellooooooooooo *echo*

All you men, haven't you gotten any wives, girlfriends, daughters hooked on the sport? Get them on here.

Here's what I look forward to, a great duck dinner. I am just starting out at this sport but I am an amazing cook. I cook a variety of things, among them an incredible roast duck with cherry sauce. I have used all home grown ingredients except the duck. It would be very cool one day to say "I even hunted the duck." Long term goal, obviously.

Curious about other motivating factors for women.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Speaking of this, my girlfriend who is realativly new to firearms saw the "pretty pink gun" on Gander today and expressed serious interest in it. She has shot before and knows her way around a shotgun but has never expressed this much interest in owning her own before. The ones on Ganders site are Jr. 870's with a pink laminated stock. She also saw the blaze pink stocks but preferred the laminated version. Any ideas where a guy can find a regular pink laminate stock. My girl is at the point where she wants/should have her own plus she is paying for it so I am not to worried if it goes unused.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
My wife has shot some pistols before, and has tried a few of my rifles. She likes the GSG-5 and the PS90, but she isn't really interested enough to come shooting very often. I can't get her to apply for her NY permit, she just doesn't have enough interest, so getting her her own pistol is out. She hasn't tried any of mine, and I don't really think she would like any of them anyway. (She shot a .22 and a 9mm GLOCK before when we lived in Charlotte. Mine are .40s, a heavy 9mm, or small guns with a good deal of recoil that she has already expressed her complete disinterest in ever trying.)

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
girls, girls, girls.

sdb3023- I am not really excited over the guns in cool colors. I meet a lot of children who aren't well supervised and am concerned guns with toy-like appearances are more appealing to even kids who have been instructed to assume all guns are real and not to handle them without an adult. On the other hand, anything that gives other women the itch to shoot is great. In an ideal world they would all be safely stored and not accessible to kids. In that same ideal world Ken would have had a realistically sized "package" that made him preferable to the pink corvette. But I'm not bitter. Nope.

usmc2801-is she afraid of them? If it were fun for her would she change her mind? Use whatever method you won other battles with. If it has no value to her she probably sees it on par with the leg lamp and other items for which she has no love. Men I dated never offered to include me in why it was fun for them. Would have changed my mind earlier if I had been involved and seen other women shoot. I recently learned a number of female friends in Southern states shoot and shared the love with me. Have you considered bedazzling your gun safe and telling her you are getting in touch with your feminine side?

jstarx7-how sad. I saw the zombie targets at a range and was sold. I laughed so hard, really got a kick out of watching my friends take him out. At one point everyone in the line was using a different zombie. I haven't laughed that hard in ages. All but the .22 are very heavy for me, it will take a long time for me to enjoy them. Maybe my inexperienced stance though.

·
Registered
626 Posts
You said "all you men", must not be talking about me. :)

No wife, no girlfriend, no daughter. I never met a women who enjoys shooting. One of my exes used to shoot my old BB guns with me before I turned 18, but other than that, Im inexperienced with women shooters.

Hunting is fun, but I'd rather take a few guns out, set up some paper plates/cans/bottles and go at it. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,254 Posts
I guess I'm the lucky dog on here. My wife shoots steel plates with us at our club every week and my daughter (likwidice) just got her permit and shoots plates with us when she is not away doing school stuff. My wife started out with a permit for the old "if something happens to me, you won't have to hand over the pistols" reason. We started a steel plate shoot at our club 11 or 12 years ago and she tried it along with a couple other member's wives. She fell in love with it as did the other wives, we have 4 or 5 women who shoot plates with us regularly now. I think you just have to get the gals to try some of the shooting sports and hope they like them. You know the saying, "Try it, you'll like it!".

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
My GF regularly shoots with me. She regularly carries too. When things go bump in the night, I go high and she goes low. We have a VERY good relationship like that.

I asked her one day what she thought about me dropping the coin to buy an ACOG or an EOTECH with the magnifier and FTS mount for my AR15. Her response was "Why not buy both?" When I explained to her that I only have one AR15, she told me to build another one.

*giggity*

·
Registered
52 Posts
usmc2801-is she afraid of them? If it were fun for her would she change her mind? Use whatever method you won other battles with. If it has no value to her she probably sees it on par with the leg lamp and other items for which she has no love. Men I dated never offered to include me in why it was fun for them. Would have changed my mind earlier if I had been involved and seen other women shoot. I recently learned a number of female friends in Southern states shoot and shared the love with me. Have you considered bedazzling your gun safe and telling her you are getting in touch with your feminine side?
I'm not sure that she is afraid of them or what it is, the one time I brought it up with here it was a bad conversation, just turned into an argument and she wouldn't give me a straight answer of why she wouldn't allow guns in her house. I have tried to include her when going out shooting but it just doesn't interest her, and I am really surprised she won't allow me to keep a gun at her house, its not like we have kids and she literally live 5 minutes from a bad area where you hear sirens all the time and on the news someone is getting stabbed, shot or robbed.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Lets make sure this stays PG-13 and try not to scare any women away.

Edit: and for the record.... my girlfriend is weird. She doesn't have the internet at home. Yeah, I don't know how she lives without it either.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.