New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this wasn't covered in a previous thread-- I'm a new shooter, and I'm putting together a range bag for 25-yard pistol shooting (plain ole target shooting first, then hopefully bullseye and action pistol in the near future.

So far, I've got the basics--pistol, ammo, cleaning supplies, stapler, targets, shooting glasses/hearing protection, speedloaders, towel-- some of the things like towel and stapler weren't obvious to me at first, so I got to wondering what more experienced shooters might have in their bags.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
First aid kit. trust me, you WILL need this, even if you never have a firearm related accident.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
First aid kit. trust me, you WILL need this, even if you never have a firearm related accident.
This. I use a small red Condor pouch that is attached to the outside of my range bag (LAPG 3day backpack) via molle straps, so it's obvious to anyone what it is.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I keep some tools (screwdriver, leatherman), a cleaning/squib rod, and oil in addition to the above items.

·
Registered
522 Posts
all previously mentioned. thought i do keep some xtra cheapo ear plugs. jus in case someone forgets. a bag of 20 is cheap.

I like that quick clot... ill have to get a few

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
gun, mags, ammo. targets (if im shooting smaller targets that fit in), stapler, extra staples, rag or two, tools if needed for a simple breakdown, usually i keep wipes in my bag (lead remover for my hands), eye and ear protection (along with extra ear protection). thats about it most of the time.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Things I have not yet seen mentioned: A small rubber tipped hammer (like the doctor uses to check reflexes) for adjusting sights that are dovetail mounted. I don't take a full cleaning kit, I save that for home, I carry a PatchWorm PFK pocket gun cleaner for a quick touch up if I need it, doesn't take much space. A bore light.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I use a Range bag and a Case I like to keep tools and cleaning products in the Case (tool box) every thing else in the bag (Midway has a really well made bag that they put on sale often) Also ammo in ammo cans! Just picked-up a fold-up wagon at BJ's for when Im not parked close to the range.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I dont put a bunch of stuff in my range bag... just lots of earplugs, earmuffs, targets, measuring tape, masking tape, a sharpie, binoculars, range finder

and I throw ammo and mags in there when I leave for the range

1 - 11 of 11 Posts