New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walked into the local Walmart to Pick up a box of ammo and some cleaning supplies. The clerk told me that they just got a few more boxes in today and that they can't keep ammo on the selves. I said oh probably the election year scare. He said no a bunch of kids mostly 18 and 19 year old were buying them up and also buying 2 to 3 knives at a time. He asked one of them who bought 3 knives what he was doing with them and he told him without a smile on his face that they are very effective at killing zombie. Others told him they are preparing for the zombie apocalypse.

WTF is going on?

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Kids watching too much Walking Dead :)

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Idiots...

Sadly I fall into the age group of people who are obsessed with zombie BS.
Luckily most of my friends are quite a bit older than me and I became quite a bit more responsible from that.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I enjoying the Walking dead series as much as anyone who likes horror movies but it doesn't inspire me to run out and horde bullets and knives!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
owell if fear of a zombie apocalypse is what it takes for some people to prep and have gear for anything they may need it for then so be it...

if i went to walmart and bought ammo and knives and the clerk asked what I needed it for I probably would have replied without a smile on my face "none of your f***ing business"

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
My guess?? Another fad. A bunch of teenagers/young adults shooting those zombie targets and Styrofoam heads out in the woods or at some friends property or something. The knives?? Not sure .. probably some sort of fad with those too. Maybe they smoked something not so good while watching Walking Dead and Dads Rambo movies?? What calibers are you talking about?? Saratoga Wally World seems to be out of the Federal .22LR quite often and I do see empty spots on the shelves where .223 ammo should be.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Im ready for the zombie attacks. I hear they should be starting in china first then spreading across the world. At least we will have an early warning!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
im not against the way you guys feel or disagree that it was prob some punks or w.e.

but think of it from the buyers point of view. maybe he felt that it really was none of the walmarts employee's business what he was doing with them so that was his smart ass remark.

idk, if i walk in and buy 500 rounds of ammo and 20 knifes at walmart i surely believe its none of the clerks business other than take my money and give me my change.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Some of the clerks are just bored and trying to engage in friendly polite conversation, they aren't trying to pry. Just saying'.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
My wife is a mix of MONK/WHAT ABOUT BOB & anything gets her freaked out, so when it comes for me to go buy ammo and firearms, I tell her it's for zombies. She says "ok, at least we'll be safe" lol

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'd do things like that. It's all in fun. When people (checkout clerks, whoever) ask in their way. "Hi, how are you today?", My standard answer is, in a cheerful voice, "miserable, how about you?" It gives them a change from the 400 "fine"s they heard that day.

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
if i went to walmart and bought ammo and knives and the clerk asked what I needed it for I probably would have replied without a smile on my face "none of your f***ing business"
I was buying a bunch of freezer bags and wax paper at Wegmans a few years ago and the cashier girl asked what I was doing with them. I said I had a dead deer hanging in my garage and that I needed cut it up and put it in those bags. She did not like that response at all and I bet she never asked another customer what they were doing with what they were buying.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I think its more likely that the "kids" said zombies rather than just saying none of your business. If they purchased pistol ammo at wal mart they were at least 21 and 18 for rifle/shot gun ammo.

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
Purchase duct tape and clothes line. Stare intently while asking the checkout clerk what time they get off work and where they park....Great fun.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I think its more likely that the "kids" said zombies rather than just saying none of your business. If they purchased pistol ammo at wal mart they were at least 21 and 18 for rifle/shot gun ammo.
this is what i was thinking. instead of being like piss off, he came up with a more funny yet sassy zombie comment.

i mean really, what is a good answer?

"why are you buying 10 box's off 9mm and 10 box's of .40 today sir, thats a lot of ammo and do you really need THREE knifes?"

"im preparing for the zombies man"

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
No, the clerk was not an ass. I'm the one who brought it up. All the .22 and 223 where cleaned out and I asked why, he would not have said anything if I did not ask.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
No, the clerk was not an ass. I'm the one who brought it up. All the .22 and 223 where cleaned out and I asked why, he would not have said anything if I did not ask.
Yep .. those are the calibers I'm finding wiped out to .... I do my share of helping to empty those shelves as well. LOL Next up .... .308!! *GASP* .. did you hear that?? I think I just heard Braaiinnzzzzzzzz" ... THEY'RE COMING!!!!! Gotta go ...

HINT HINT HINT (We really need a Zombie smiley!)

·
Registered
451 Posts
We never said he was an ass...

We just said maybe the other customers felt it was none of his business and thats the best some what respectful thing to say.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
No one else on here knows people who actually are preparing for a zombie apocalypse? I find it to be pretty stupid. Prepping is one thing but prepping for zombies is just pointless IMO. I even knew one kid who built a truck for the zombie apocalypse... Painted olive drab green, lifted, big wheels, gun rack, box in the bed with chainsaw, pick axe, etc, roll bar with light bar on it, only thing that didn't make sense was that he made it loud as hell. You would think he would want to make it quiet.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts