New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to my amazing wife I had probably the best weekend of my life (outside of when I married her of course!)

Saturday we went over to Akron NY, sat around their airfield for about 2.5 hours and then we jumped out of an airplane at sunset (the timing was unintentional, we just happened to be the last jumps of the day due to weather delays earlier).

It was instantly addicting and I'm already trying to figure out when my next jump is! Neither of us got the video package but I plan on continuing learning to skydive!

Sunday her and I went into Buffalo and attended my first Bills game. I'm the lifelong fan (she's a Giants fan BOO) and she had been to more games than I!! Well that couldn't stand. So we went. It was their home opener this season and we needed a bounceback performance after last week's game.

She got us seats about 16 rows up at the 20 yard line on the tunnel end of the field. Absolutely awesome game to attend! One of the coolest things was just before the start of the game three Navy jumpers parachuted onto the field. Fit in well with our activities the day before!

So yeah my weekend was full of excitement and adrenaline and I hope I can top it someday!

· Registered
13,297 Posts
I spent the weekend with a couple of NYF members from Rochester area who I've corresponded a lot with but had never met. Showed them how we roll on the Eastern side of the state. Awesome guys, great weekend. The only thing we didn't get a chance to do was shoot, lol. But the blackgun show and tell was awesome!

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Went to the Syracuse Gunshow on Saturday and on Sunday spent the day getting the Reloading Room in the house closer to 100%.

· Registered
9,724 Posts
Went to a Sportsman show at a gun club a mile away from me, bought a 1980's Squires Bingham M16 in .22LR and went to the gun club I belong to and shot the heck outta it!! ;) It ain't pretty ... never was, but it is cool and I got some time to go shooting with the kids. That Squires Bingham is an acurrate little gun.

Took the Trek for a 40 mile ride, sat in the treestand and saw nothing but some squirrels that really started to irritate me, one climbed up the tree I was in, got on my platform with me and we enjoyed trail mix .... then I remembered it was squirrel season and ..well ... I brought that squirrel, and a few of his friends, to a buddy of mine that enjoys squirrel stew.

Went goose hunting for the first time in my life yesterday morning with a good friend and had a blast as we were fishing and hunting at the same time!!! At one point, I was casting my gun and aiming my Berkley Lightning rod ..... still had a great time and laughed our azzes off!!

· Registered
258 Posts
Watched the Giants come back when I was sure the game was over before the half. Watched Brad Keselowski win the first race in the sprint cup chase. Did some shopping, and studied my behind off for this weeks classes. Oh and the wife made cookies for the first time I have ever seen her use an oven for anything other than frozen pizza :D

· Registered
2,719 Posts
Sold a rifle on gunbroker, bought another shotgun on gunbroker, had a good argument about Alex Jones on this forum with another poster, cleaned my pickup windshield, took my pug to the vet, and worried a bit about my grandchildren. Oh, and I thanked God for my blessings.

· Registered
808 Posts
Thanks to my amazing wife I had probably the best weekend of my life (outside of when I married her of course!)

Saturday we went over to Akron NY, sat around their airfield for about 2.5 hours and then we jumped out of an airplane at sunset (the timing was unintentional, we just happened to be the last jumps of the day due to weather delays earlier).

It was instantly addicting and I'm already trying to figure out when my next jump is! Neither of us got the video package but I plan on continuing learning to skydive!

Sunday her and I went into Buffalo and attended my first Bills game. I'm the lifelong fan (she's a Giants fan BOO) and she had been to more games than I!! Well that couldn't stand. So we went. It was their home opener this season and we needed a bounceback performance after last week's game.

She got us seats about 16 rows up at the 20 yard line on the tunnel end of the field. Absolutely awesome game to attend! One of the coolest things was just before the start of the game three Navy jumpers parachuted onto the field. Fit in well with our activities the day before!

So yeah my weekend was full of excitement and adrenaline and I hope I can top it someday!
So it was only you guys circling my farm. I had my tinfoil hat on, sitting out in the shop door cleaning guns...

Joking aside, I took my car case halves and heads to the machince shop, picked up my blown up turbo, worked both sat and sun, picked up a ground blind, installed heated hand grips on the wheeler. Went out for a ride, did some shooting, vistited my grandma, tinkered with some things on the wheeler, ripped out the shower and bathroom surrounds to find them leaking and the drywall moldly Err. Probably more I just don't remember.

· I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
Shot some geese with some friends, attended a bachelor party which was pretty crazy, and visited the litter of puppies from which we're getting one on this upcoming Saturday. Great weekend!

· I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,805 Posts
I went to Lake George for the first time and met Cgrutt for the first time. Had a great time with great people and took a lot of photos. I got to try some spanish style cooking by another member here and it tasted great.
I will be posting some more photos later but here are a few of the sites from a great weekend!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.