New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
If I walked in on someone doing the same thing to my daughter, I think I would become filled with an amount of hatred and rage I had never felt before. Then I would proceed to focus that same hatred and rage solely on the "subject," and destroy him.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
That works for me.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I would have said "We really aren't in any danger physically, and there is always counseling, so just let it happen."

Oh wait, I'm not a Liberal.

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
He got what he deserved. I would have done the same thing.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I don't believe they would have ever found his body.....

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
I don't believe they would have ever found his body.....
I'd have called the police afterwards like the guy in the story did so everyone would know what type of subhuman he was.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I would have said "We really aren't in any danger physically, and there is always counseling, so just let it happen."

Oh wait, I'm not a Liberal.
I am saddened every time someone spouts off these little stereotypical remarks.
Not every Liberal is like that.

In many ways, I can be called a Liberal....yet if I found someone sexually abusing my daughter I would make sure it took them DAYS to die. And each day would be one of extreme pain and torture.

and yes, I know how to do it.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I am saddened every time someone spouts off these little stereotypical remarks.
Not every Liberal is like that.
Like "Every gun-owner is a *******!" or "Republicans hate women!" Please, both sides are just as bad, and considering WHO RUNS the state we are in and THEIR THOUGHTS on "gun control" (or EVERYTHING control), that statement is long from "far fetched."

·
Registered
725 Posts
It would not have been a pleasant ending for him.

If the father is charged with anything there should be riots in the streets.

This POS was attacking a 4 year old!!!!!!! Death was way to good for him they should have taken him out to the horse barn and let everyone take a crack at him with anything long and pointy they could find.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
I would feel like doing the same as well. Not sure what I would actually do though if in that situation.

Personally though I think the guy not being charged is getting a good break though. We dont have all the facts but most likely the assault on the girl stopped when he came in the room. If not a singe punch would of been probably done the job of stopping it. If this was under NYS law then the father should be charged but I think any jury would feel he pain the father went through and find him not guilty even though what he did was wrong (killing the guy).

I do want to be clear though. The above is merely what I think is the right way under the law and is in no way meaning that the abuser deserve it or what he did wasn't extremely wrong. But now the father has to live with seeing his daughter abused and also killing a man. Either way its a lose lose situation and horrible.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Any kid; I'd do the same if it were my neighbor's kid. Boy or girl doesn't matter. Some really sick people out there. Got to say, having a 6 y/o of my own has really changed my outlook about this sort of stuff. They are so precious and innocent at that age...

That said, I had two friends in high school that were best buddies. A few years after graduating, they were out drinking some place and got into an argument over something stupid. Pete hit Mike once, knocking him out cold. Mike died a few days later after never waking up. Punch caused somrthing in his head to pop. Only bring this up because non of know what happened and anything is possible. The father may not have intended to kill this guy but that's what happened. Hope he and his daughter will recover from this experience.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Having 2 daughters myself, I would say if I walked in on that happening I would be facing the consequences. If there was no one there to stop me, he wouldn't walk out alive.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I wouldn't have reacted any differently than that father. Wouldn't have mattered if it was my kid or not, the abuser's face would have needed serious dent repair after I was done, that's if he managed to survive. The rage would have been unimaginable.

Glad the Lavaca County Sheriff didn't press any charges, and he stood up for the father saying he was just defending his daughter. He's right on. No way a grand jury hands down an indictment. It's a no-bill all the way.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I'm pretty sure a rape or other sexual assault in progress is grounds for deadly force isn't it? Especially if it is a family member? You have a right to protect your family. Glad it happened in Texas, they are usually better about this kind of thing then NY.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts