New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bringing the dog back inside tonight and when I was hooking his leash back up I heard this noise from the woods that sounded kind of like a woman screaming. I heard it a few times and went inside and got my dad and sister. They came out and heard it but it was coming from further away. It sent chills up my spine when I first heard it. I had no clue what it was.

My sister found this video which sounds exactly like what I heard.

YouTube - Red Fox Cry

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have not heard that. We get coyotes within 500 feet of the house. My moms boyfriend said if they get too close, I have the green light to grab my shotgun and kill! :p

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a lot of coyotes around there too.

I did grab a flashlight and walked out there but didn't hear or see anything.

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
DV,

Wow, I don't even know where to start. I was in the ADK 3 weeks or so ago and at 3am I heard a noise that I had no idea what it was but it wasn't far outside my camp. Luckily that night I was within a few hundred feet of my vehicle because I was leaving in the morning to move to a different location by vehicle. This is the exact noise I heard that night, until now I had no idea what it was but it sounded like something being murdered and scared the shit out of me and my dogs. After hearing that noise I hauled ass to the vehicle after hearing lund noises in the water all night long. Now I know what the noise was.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our dog didn't even look in that direction. He just wanted to go inside where all the people were. Some watch dog :)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
when i played that on my computer, my beagle mix cocked her head to the side about as far as it would go then tried to jump on my laptop to get to the noise... lol

·
Super Moderator
3,229 Posts
Our dog didn't even look in that direction. He just wanted to go inside where all the people were. Some watch dog :)
Willie is a typical greyhound watchdog. :)

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
My dog was ready to take chase of whatever the noise was and at the time I had no idea what the noise was. That's pretty common though for a hunting dog.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My sister found this video which sounds exactly like what I heard.
Lindsay ftw! :D
I would rather investigate on YouTube instead of walking around the back woods looking for it. Thank you, YouTube.

And technically, Willie is not our dog.

·
Super Moderator
3,229 Posts
Got him on the game cam at 1 AM today.

·
Registered
223 Posts
One year during Deer Season I had the biggest silver/gray fox walk under my stand beautiful animal!
And yes, I was very tempted to take it but my .30-06 would have destroyed it !

·
Registered
591 Posts
If i heard that in the woods and not known what it was and not had one of my guns i would probably poop my pants like i just ate a 10" by 10" brick of chocolate laxative after swallowing a 55 gallon drum of the worlds hottest hot sauce basically making mud butt an understatement

1 - 13 of 13 Posts