New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Submitted my application for pistol permit on March 5th for Saratoga County. 3 of my 4 references received, filled out, and sent back the reference sheet all by or before March 10th. For some reason my 4th reference still hasn't even received his reference sheet in the mail yet.
Background Info:
-He was there with me when I addressed the sheriff-stamped envelope which they use to mail the reference letters, so me writing an incorrect address is out of the question.
-Called the sheriffs office today and they verified that they did send out all 4 envelopes (and also hadn't received any back due to possible rejection by the postal service or whatever other reason they reject sending mail)
-He calls me every day AS he is getting his mail to let me know if he receives it.

I am open and looking for suggestions on how to handle this issue. When calling the sheriffs office explaining the situation they mentioned that they can't send out another reference sheet. Could there have been a postal service delivery error? What should I do next?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Of COURSE they can send another letter out. Happened in Broome with my wife's permit. They handed me the form and a pre-postage paid return envelope (so it can be sealed and "secret") since I was going to see the reference in a day or two. What's the issue with sending another form? The postage?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Start a thread "Need photocopy of Saratoga reference form please help", someone has one and will fax/email it to you. Give it to your friend. This sounds like Saratoga just trying to not give out permits.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a clue. I called the sheriffs office today and thoroughly explained the situation to them and they said that they couldn't send another form out unless they got back the original from the postal service due to rejection from an incorrect or illegible address.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.