New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
9,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would a NY legal semi auto sporting rifle now look like with 0 evil feature?

No pistol grip
No foregrip
No break
No (old banned stuff)

Couldn't any wood stock on a mag fed semi auto rifle be considered

A SECOND HANDGRIP OR A PROTRUDING GRIP THAT CAN BE HELD BY THE NON-TRIGGER HAND

· R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,479 Posts

· R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,479 Posts
Doesn't the Ranch rifle have a shroud (at least the new ones look to)? isn't that an evil feature?
Shroud applies to pistols I believe.

· Registered
1,071 Posts
Doesn't the Ranch rifle have a shroud (at least the new ones look to)? isn't that an evil feature?
I have one legally registered in NYC which already had the 1 feature rule... so by that alone i am going to assume that the mini's hand guard does not qualify as a shroud. I would assume that a shroud would encompass the whole barrel. However, things are very fluid seeming right now and these are assumptions...Reality: who knows...

· Registered
14,520 Posts
im going to be buying a couple mini 14 ranch rifles this year.. but besides that,

Featureless Rifles Picture Thread - Calguns.net

this is what the guys in california had to due with how their laws were written. i have a feeling many of us will be doing the same thing.

· Registered
769 Posts
Remington 740, 742, 7400, 750?
I think it just comes down to the interpretation of "A second handgrip..."

If it goes to a strict and literal interpretation, nearly all of the semi-auto rifles and shotguns will magically be "assault weapons" (to include every single semi-auto Remington that I can think of).

Edit: [There is a specific exeption for semi-auto shotguns with fixed mags that hold no more that 5 rounds in the mag. Sorry I missed it first time around.]

I think the reason this language was included was to cover "featureless" rifles. It just happens to catch every other semi-auto rifle too.

· Registered
111 Posts
I think it just comes down to the interpretation of "A second handgrip..."

If it goes to a strict and literal interpretation, nearly all of the semi-auto rifles and shotguns will magically be "assault weapons" (to include every single semi-auto Remington that I can think of).

I think the reason this language was included was to cover "featureless" rifles. It just happens to catch every other semi-auto rifle too.
We just need to create a rifle with "forearm grips" - not designed to be grasped with a hand ;-)

· Registered
31 Posts
SKS - with 5rd mag and bayonette mount removed - is ok (me thinks); i. e. does not need to be registered.

Even the stock ten round mag is probably ok as long as it not filled with seven rounds.

Remember to avoid registration at all costs.

The next thing in store for you is the complete ban - with house-to-house warrantles searches
of registered owners' residences, "to make sure everyone complies with the ban".

At least thats the way it was done in England when target pistols were banned there.

· Registered
61 Posts
The new anti-gun legislation was produced by idiots and passed by idiots. There are items in the bill that do nothing to reduce crime or violence. 10 to 7 rounds in a magazine will do absolutely nothing. Rules on AR’s are nonsense. We should start a class action law suite against the Gov. the Senate, and the Assembly.

· Registered
160 Posts
Guessing by the pic, you don't like mini-14? Or maybe you were expressing your opinion on the State legislature?

I have a big gripe about them Ruger Mini's (not that I have one anymore), but they pretty much destroy the brass. First two-three shots not so bad on accuracy ... after which barrel gets a bit too hot. don't plan on reloading.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.