New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trayvon Martin shooting: a turning point in gun rights debate? - CSMonitor.com

The Travyon Martin self-defense shooting may have some serious implications for us.

The shooting, some say, may have set a potential high-water mark for gun rights after a decade of legislative expansion...

On Tuesday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D) of California put a hold on two separate Senate bills that would add so-called state-to-state "reciprocity" to allow concealed weapons owners to cross any state line... The Brady Campaign Against Gun Violence applauded Feinstein's move, calling the proposed laws the "George Zimmerman Armed Vigilante Acts."

On Wednesday, Rick Scott, Florida's Republican governor, began appointing a key Stand Your Ground review panel in the wake of Trayvon's death, assigning his lieutenant governor, Jennifer Carroll, to lead the panel. Ms. Carroll is black and a member of both the NAACP and the NRA.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
First off ... notice the (D) part of it?? That (D) stand for Don't want nor follow the constitution. Also note the California part!! California is 100% anti-American. (NY is damn close too) Secondly, this will of course be used by the media and anti-gun groups for fuel in their campaigns against guns. That is one of the reasons this story is as big and drawn out as it is. The other reasons are political ones and are aimed at dividing the nation racially. Have you seen any Fed's on the new black panther party's doorstep for PUBLICLY announcing a $1,000,000 bounty on Zimmerman's head?? You won't because of their race!! Now, IF IF IF IF IF IF IF you or I were to place a million dollar bounty, of even a $500 bounty, on someone's head, saying we want them dead or alive, we'd be arrested .... do you see where the real threat lies here?? This whole thing is a "reality" TV special to most and I have no intentions of paying attention to it whatsoever!! If anything, it made me more pizzed off at the media and politicians for allowing this circus to continue!! You are now judged by the media and not in a court of law in America.

For the record, I do not, nor will I ever, belong to any political party!!! I'm an American!! If anyone here is one the (D) people, don't take my little rant here too personally. LOL :rant

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Nothing for us in this state.

NY does not have reciprocity with any other states and NY does not have a stand your ground law.

Edit, well maybe if you're using reciprocity of a permit from another state to carry in a 3rd state it might matter.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well... because of the Trayvon brouhaha, the Senate version of the National Carry Reciprocity Act has been placed on hold... and that affects all of us.

Give it some time and we'll have a whole slew legislators across the country writing bills called "Trayvon's Law" to try and repeal any pro-2A/gun rights laws on the books, or place more restrictions on top of the ones we have already.

Yet, you got black kids/young adults gunning down black kids/young adults on our streets daily and no one's doing jack about it.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Americas collective attention span is 5 minutes. It'll blow over.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
How much of that article you should have read:

The shooting, some say, may have set a potential high-water mark for gun rights after a decade of legislative expansion...

On Tuesday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts