New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my stock has finally screamed uncle and busted the pin thats holding it in fixed position. I am just wondering what ya'll are running for fixed, non collapsable stocks? I am thinking of the ACE Skelton Stock but I dont know if I'd like it. I am looking for something in the $100 range, that will stand up to a Beowulf.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Why not run an A2 (which is what I run; I cant stand the thought of drilling a perfectly good collapsible stock)?

I know a bunch of guys who like the vltor stocks as well.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
ACE ARFX is a great stock, and the Entry as well. They're very solidly built, and you're seeing them on more and rifles, including some seriously high end ones. Just look at JP Rifles, they're using lots of ARFXs on their rifles.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I have the ACE on my 14.7 build. I really like it an plan on getting more of them. I got mine at model 1 sales and for $100 it came with the buffer tube, spring and buffer.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the ACE on my 14.7 build. I really like it an plan on getting more of them. I got mine at model 1 sales and for $100 it came with the buffer tube, spring and buffer.
Interesting. I am also looking at the Ace Ultra Lite stock as well... $84 from model 1 sales. Sucks that they dont give you shipping info though.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Interesting. I am also looking at the Ace Ultra Lite stock as well... $84 from model 1 sales. Sucks that they dont give you shipping info though.
Yea its weird. you get it like after they process it. I think it was $104 to my door. Everyone else was around that price before shipping and they didnt come with the buffer tube, buffer or spring

·
Registered
86 Posts
I also have an ACE stock, Its a nice stock if you are always shooting of a bench or something of that sort. I've been doing more and more rifle drills and feel that a collapsible style stock is more what I would like with being able to pin it at where I feel most comfortable to shoot in any position. Also I would like to have the ability to run my 1 point sling with an asap plate since there has been a few times where I had to transition to weak hand and it just didnt seem to work well with the skeleton stocks sling attachment.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I lean more toward the sully stock myself when fitting up one that would require a fixed/pinned short stock anyway.

Slightly shorter than the ACE shorty, definitely stouter (when ACE says 'light doors' they mean hollow mobile home doors) comes with all hardware to install (if you want sling mounts its extra) and is definitely heavier by quite a bit (which works brilliantly for balancing out the front end)

Good for employing a more square stance or using heavy/thick clothing or accesories, not so good for employing a 'hold your 7 foot long Kentucky muzzleloader' full on blade stance.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I'm currently building mine, and am waiting for the Magpul MOE Rifle stock to come available. I don't see the point in wasting the money on a collapsible stock that has to be pinned and fixed anyway.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm currently building mine, and am waiting for the Magpul MOE Rifle stock to come available.
So was I until the release date got pushed back for the third time. If Magpul wants my money they're going to have to learn to release their products when they say they are going to. I'm leaning towards the ACE ARFX now.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
So was I until the release date got pushed back for the third time. If Magpul wants my money they're going to have to learn to release their products when they say they are going to. I'm leaning towards the ACE ARFX now.
I'm still waiting on other parts to come into stock (sites/optics, and BCG), so I'm not too worried about it at this point. My opinion may change in the future, though.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
I have an A2 on my 18" gun and am eventually changing to a ACE skeleton or something else, its too heavy, and a ATI on my carbine.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts