New York Firearms Forum banner

What should I do with my legal switchblade? How much do you think it's worth?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TMC 
#1 ·
A few years ago smith and Wesson produced OTF switchblades that are legal in NY because of some loophole regarding the way they were made. http://www.bladehq.com/imgs/knives/...ack-SWOTF9TB-BHQ-67477-jr-bottlecap-thumb.jpg (pic related).

They were never made illegal, but S&W decided to discontinue production anyway.

A discontinued legal switchblade has to be worth something, right? Do you think there's a market for it or anything, or should I keep it as a rare collectible?

(I'm not trying to sell it here, just asking advice- don't ban me)

#2 ·
Switchblades are legal in NY for use while hunting and fishing. However there is no switchblade that is legal to carry at any other time. The picture you sent is an otf switchblade and is just as illegal as any other automatic knife unless hunting or fishing. I collect knives and know the entire section 265 of the penal law by heart. Im not really sure what you ment by loophole because there is none in NY.

#5 ·
About $8.00 or $9.00 on Ebay .You can still buy similar ones. Also Matco use to sell one exactly like that a nasty lil bastard if you had it in your pocket and hit it just right the blade would release from the handle about 2" cutting the leg or pocket it was sharp. I would guess that was the reason S&W stopped selling those and went to the M.A.G.I.C series flip fold

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.