New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a 10 or more rifle safe but I don't know where to begin. Stack on first alert sentry not sure do I go for fire proof or just something for a little more saftey. Stack on has a basic 8 gun for $110 should I shoot for the extra $ or what. I want it in black... Any advise would be great......also if you have for sale let me know

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I hear a lot of people praise Sentry. I believe they are made in the US, and perhaps here even in NY if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
530 Posts
For the money I would look for an old record safe from the 50's or 60's and make an interior for her using scrap lumber... alot more sturdy...

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
I hear a lot of people praise Sentry. I believe they are made in the US, and perhaps here even in NY if I am not mistaken.
I have two Sentry safes. The company base is in Rochester but my safes are both made off shore. I would buy another though, they are nice units for the cost.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Its up to you.... Any safe will slow down a crook not stop him! What you want to do is make it as hard as possible to breach the safe. Besides the safe itself you can lock it up with steel cable a chain or rebar. If you google it you will see alot of options and opinions.....

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
stack on saves can be breached in about 30 seconds to 4 minutes depending on how fast and loud you want it dont
that being said i use one anyway
someones always home its more just for when nephews are in house (im sure 3 toddlers would take more than 4 minutes to get in)

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Sentry is based in the East Rochester/Penfield area. I have a Sentry safe sitting in my garage that I haven't had the guts to try to get into my house. It was given to me by my wife's cousin who works for Sentry. They didn't fool around with this thing. It weighs over 500 lbs.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Costco, sells a lot of safes and free curb delivery. Keep checking Costco.com.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I got both of mine from people on Craigslist. If you're patient, that's the cheapest way to go.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do like sentry I have a fire proof and water proof one for my ammo that's the hardest thing people don't realize. Yes you are safe somewhat from fire but what puts about a fire water that's just as damaging as the fire not saying I'm 100% safe but you know. I will keep and eye out but Walmart.com seems to have good prices keep you opinions coming thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts