New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I want to replace the trigger in my rifle and use it for F-class and eventually unknown distance matches what do you recommend for a trigger and what pull weight?

I was thinking I want a Rifle Basix trigger but as it turns out I need their "K" trigger to replace my x-mark pro factory trigger and that only comes in right handed models.

I'm thinking a Timney would be a good trigger. I was thinking a 2.5lb weight. It's adjustable, which I don't really care for but being a left handed action my options are limited.

Remington 700 w/Safe

Thoughts?

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Les baers use the Timney Match wtih 2.5lbs and it is very very good. Look into the jewel w or w/o bottom safety, also amazing.
There are others but that any of those two will not disappoint.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
If I want to replace the trigger in my rifle and use it for F-class and eventually unknown distance matches what do you recommend for a trigger and what pull weight?

I was thinking I want a Rifle Basix trigger but as it turns out I need their "K" trigger to replace my x-mark pro factory trigger and that only comes in right handed models.

I'm thinking a Timney would be a good trigger. I was thinking a 2.5lb weight. It's adjustable, which I don't really care for but being a left handed action my options are limited.

Remington 700 w/Safe

Thoughts?
I bet John will let you try his out. Then you can get some first hand experience.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Timney is out of stock everywhere.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ended up with a Timney 511 which is a curved trigger with safety for my left handed action. I will post my thoughts once I receive it and have a chance to shoot it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts