New York Firearms Forum banner

what makes your nightstand?

5K views 64 replies 39 participants last post by  joshiemac25 
#1 ·
in a 1 touch safe of course.....

Taurus Judge here, 3 PDx-1's and 2 Federal hollow point 45's.....nothing but the best for the idiot who makes the dumb move to wake me up (aside from the snoring on the other side of the bed)

#4 ·
I have an EAA Witness in 38 super loaded with Winchester Silver tips as back up to the Springfield 1911A1 full of golden sabers that lives under my pillow.

#8 ·
Walther P99 with 10 Hornady Critical Defense 180Gr .40s. At the end of the bed is my Mossberg 590 with 8 shots of 00 Buck.

#11 ·
Glock 17 w/Speer Gold Dots.

#12 ·
My Ruger P95, loaded, on safe. Every entrance into my dwelling is alarmed so I will have a few seconds to take the safety off.

And my AR is in arms reach with a 20 round mag in the well, not chambered.

#18 ·
brace yourself for an overly thorough answer since i'm bored on a saturday night again...i always have my surefire e2d led defender, latest issue of 'american rifleman' in order to read advertisements disguised as unbiased reviews, current novel on which i'm stuck along with accompanying highlighter, alarm clock i loathe as much as this state's gun laws, lamp ("i love lamp"), and a candle in case i wanna set the mood for whatever unfortunate lady i somehow seduce for the evening.

i don't like leaving handguns laying around outside the safe when i'm not home so there is no designated nightstand gun. it's usually whatever i'm carrying that particular day; inconsistent and arguably un-tactical (hence the moniker), but a pistol's main purpose in the home is to fight your way to your shotgun anyway. my mossberg 590 (with light/laser that i paid too much for by not waiting for the sportsman's guide clone, shell holder sling with various extra exotic loads in case i want to roast and/or play hacky-sack with hypothetical intruder, and m6 bayonet for close encounters of the highly unlikely kind) is within lunging distance so whatever handgun is by my bed is more for fondling late at night than anything else.

#23 ·
Seems to be a lot of handguns here. I don't have a nightstand, though, so I go with the 'ol faithful Mossberg 590 with a bayonet. Why the bayonet, someone might ask? Well, a liberal once told me I shouldn't try and defend myself with a gun, since it's likely that it's going to get taken and used against me, seems like the best way to deal with someone grabbing the front of your gun is to make it sharp, so crisis averted there.

I do have a picture, but it's probably not forum friendly.

#27 ·
No permit yet so currently an AR, a bowie knife, and a set of throwing knives. Normally I will wake up when anyone leaves or comes home which gets to be annoying when I really want to sleep. Can usually even tell who it is by the sound of the car, sound of the footsteps, common patterns, etc. I have a pretty heightened sense of hearing so even if I'm asleep when the mail truck comes up the driveway while my AC is on, I will wake up and know it's the mail truck. I guess it's the one positive thing that came from Lyme.

#30 ·
"Well my NightStand has a G30SF w/ 10 Gold Dot 230gr SBHP, the wife has her G26 w/ 10 9mm +p Federal 124gr HP.
Otherwise a projection alarm clock, a bunch of Dungeon and Dragon Magazine's I have not looked at in years and a lamp."

Is it one of those old solid lamps or one of the new plastic ones? It could make all the difference, and for gods sake don't you dare throw those D&D mags!

#33 ·
This one. A Ruger P345 in .45auto. It's a reliable gun and a good shooter, but actually the real reason it gets nightstand duty is because for a long time it was the only pistol I had with an accessory rail. I like having a TLR-2 on a nightstand gun, so it was the obvious choice.

#38 ·
Where did you find a specific penal code that makes throwing knives illegal?? I found one for throwing "stars" ,switch blades and gravity knives but nothing for throwing knives, outside of NYC

#36 ·
I used to have my .45 there, but I realized its simpler and more practical to just use my carry gun for the day, since that's going to be in the area anyway, and I practice with it a whole lot more.

But it's fairly moot since the 870 loaded with #4 buck is what I'm going to go for anyway. I have no unreplaceables outside the bedroom, so I will be calling 911 and digging in with the 12 gauge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.