New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a 1 touch safe of course.....

Taurus Judge here, 3 PDx-1's and 2 Federal hollow point 45's.....nothing but the best for the idiot who makes the dumb move to wake me up (aside from the snoring on the other side of the bed)

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I have an EAA Witness in 38 super loaded with Winchester Silver tips as back up to the Springfield 1911A1 full of golden sabers that lives under my pillow.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
S&W 3913TSW with a mag full 147grn. Black Talons

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Walther P99 with 10 Hornady Critical Defense 180Gr .40s. At the end of the bed is my Mossberg 590 with 8 shots of 00 Buck.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Taurus 608 larger frame 357 magnum 8 shot. I used this handgun for home protection because if it is involved in a self defense dispute and they decide not give my gun back, all I lose is a Taurus. I cannot let this happen to my Smiths!!!

James

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Taurus 608 larger frame 357 magnum 8 shot. I used this handgun for home protection because if it is involved in a self defense dispute and they decide not give my gun back, all I lose is a Taurus. I cannot let this happen to my Smiths!!!

James
Until you permit gets yanked for said dispute then NO MOAR GUNZ 4 U!

;)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Glock 17 w/Speer Gold Dots.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
My Ruger P95, loaded, on safe. Every entrance into my dwelling is alarmed so I will have a few seconds to take the safety off.

And my AR is in arms reach with a 20 round mag in the well, not chambered.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Hmm, if your permit gets yanked is that even an option?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
brace yourself for an overly thorough answer since i'm bored on a saturday night again...i always have my surefire e2d led defender, latest issue of 'american rifleman' in order to read advertisements disguised as unbiased reviews, current novel on which i'm stuck along with accompanying highlighter, alarm clock i loathe as much as this state's gun laws, lamp ("i love lamp"), and a candle in case i wanna set the mood for whatever unfortunate lady i somehow seduce for the evening.

i don't like leaving handguns laying around outside the safe when i'm not home so there is no designated nightstand gun. it's usually whatever i'm carrying that particular day; inconsistent and arguably un-tactical (hence the moniker), but a pistol's main purpose in the home is to fight your way to your shotgun anyway. my mossberg 590 (with light/laser that i paid too much for by not waiting for the sportsman's guide clone, shell holder sling with various extra exotic loads in case i want to roast and/or play hacky-sack with hypothetical intruder, and m6 bayonet for close encounters of the highly unlikely kind) is within lunging distance so whatever handgun is by my bed is more for fondling late at night than anything else.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Sure it is, it is still my property. Transfer all firearms to a legal firearm owner. They do not immediately yank it you have to be found guilty first.
If you're married or live at home, have someone in the same household get their license and you can have dual ownership. If one's license gets pulled, the guns stay in the house with the other license holder.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts