New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the speedboat thread gave me the idea. i know we have a handful of speedfreaks in here so what is the fastest you have been (being on a passenger plane doesnt count)?

fastest for me is 196mph on a built suzuki hayabusa and speed monitored by a gps. I was really itching to break 200mph, but ran out of road. I was a licensed motorcycle roadracer (the knee dragging type of racing) for a number of years and I would routinely break 170mph, sometimes break 180mph, but only once did I break the 190mph threshold.

nowadays I just ride quads with the family, but ill break 60mph through the trails which is an adventure of its own.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
In bed?

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Been over 150 mph a few times in various vehicles. The first time ever that fast was in my '75 Trans Am that I was heartbroken to get rid of 10 years ago when I had my first daughter. I had quite a bit of time and $ into that one.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I saw 155-156 indicated once on my motorcycle. With the known speedo error it was roughly 140-145mph actual.

Fastest on a bicycle was around 55 (coasting).

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
168mph in a Porsche 930 Turbo, it was a while ago but I think it was an 88'. On the street lol! Drove like it was on rails.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
207 mph in an OV-1D Mohawk with a 3G pitchout almost lost my lunch had to suck on the O2 at 100% to keep from puking.

on land only 230K in a BMW station wagon on my way to Paris.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
1959 Oldsmobile 98. As far as I know 120MPH. The speedometer would turn color as the car accelerated, at 120MPH it turned silver, and anything above that was still silver. Cruising the road in that two ton Landliner was pretty exhilarating for a kid, glad my dad never found out.
Robin Olds

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
When I was a stupid kid I went over 100 on regular roads. Incredibly ****ing dumb in retrospect.

I'm not talking highway. I'm talking upstate back roads that are tar and stone.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
motorcycle speedo's are notoriously optimistic. route 293 between 6 and 218 was a great testing area for these kinds of runs... we used to ride that road before it became more heavily watched, not that id ever do those kinds of speeds on the street. ;)

most cars that i have owned in my adult life have been pretty quick to down right fast. they have all seen 140+ and some 150+.

·
Registered
186 Posts
GPS verified 161 on my CBR1000RR, ran out of road before the bike ran out of steam, havn't had the balls to try for faster now that im a bit older and slightly less stupid.

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
damn you guys have sure gone freakin fast, awesome to see!

personal top ends for me have been 120 in pickups (radar got me at 118 in an ol f250 and pegged the needle and limiters on a couple more modern trucks).
mid 130's on a Honda v65 motorcycle. not more than a couple times though.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts