New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Everything from Lexington to the relatives I lost to hitler to the battle of Athens to the riots after Rodney King etc etc to the the guy in CT who had his wife and daughters raped and murdered to the beheading in OK. Speaking of which, that beheading IMO was the formal declaration that the war on terror has just reached American soil. The day of the citizen-minuteman may soon arise my friends

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Generally waking up in my own bed instead of waking up as a state pen driven criminal ! That usually gets my attention real quick ! It's amazing how fast I can go from good guy to state wanted put of state overnight !

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
The crazy liberals!!!
My right to "Keep and Bear Arms"!!
The right that I should have to protect my Family!!
The list goes on.... and on!!

FUAC!!! FUBHO!!!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
My idea of gun control is using both hands or a horizontal fore-grip (thanks GUNSICK1) ;)

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
4th Grade History Class, When i first studied the constitution and there was no confusion what the second amendment stood for and why it was included given the events at the battles of Lexington and Concord.

It wasn't SCOPE, the NRA, or NYSPRA

History and its uncanny ability to constantly repeat when ever men/women feel they know whats better for other men/women.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
What a stupid article.

The only possible and intelligent answer is simple, THE CONSTITUTION!

How bout we change the question around a bit...

What Influences Your Opinion on Voting Rights in the US?

Absolutely no difference!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
The Constitution and Bill of Rights. /End

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Not even the Constitution or BOR, but my natural right to life, and therefore right to defend that life. The BOR simply protects the right.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Not even the Constitution or BOR, but my natural right to life, and therefore right to defend that life. The BOR simply protects the right.
Yeah, why wasn't there a BOR to begin with? Surely, that means that the FFs didn't feel those rights were important, right? Especially the second, right? No, it's because many of them felt that we were born with these rights and didn't want people to think that it was the piece of paper, as important as it was, that gave them to us.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Having seen the failed justice system first hand. Knowing there are bad people in this world who thinking nothing of doing my family or myself harm. Understanding that 911 and the police are not the best solution, when my door gets kicked in by some crack head. The training and ablity to defend myself and loved ones. Having served my Country, both in the Military and in LEO jobs. Yes, my rights, giving to me by my Fore Fathers.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Two words-THE CONSTITUTION
On a lighter note the Pinnicle of gun control for me was firing two M60 belt fed machineguns at the same time.One slung over each shoulder.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Elitist leaders who do not regard us as their equals influence my opinion a tad.
The people must possess equal force, so that force is removed from the equation, and only respectful persuasion and compromise and merit in leadership can tip the scale and move Americans in any direction.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
The constitution influences my legal arguments about gun control but the 2nd Amendment is just a reflection of a broader aspect of our civil compact; namely, that we do not relinquish the individual or political body's right to defend himself or itself against illegitimate authority, be it a mugger in the alley or a government that no longer operates by the (lower case) republican principles set forth at the founding of the nation-state.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts