New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so the SP come knocking at your door to take your guns because somewhere in your past they found out you were on Anti-depressants.
But your weapons are all co-owned by your spouse, significant other or a family member. As an example, in my case all my handguns are co-listed on my wife's and brothers licenses. What do you suppose the outcome would be?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
This was brought up in another thread. Let us not say you were on anti depressants.

Let us say hypothetically, someone who has a pistol license, and who lists these guns on her license (as well as her spouse) is arrested for conspiracy to commit murder? Let us say that she provides on of the guns shared on both licenses to the "hit man" for the job.
Let us say she posts bail.

What do you think is going to happen to the guns, if both licensees share the same address?

I can tell you what is going to happen to those guns - whatever the hell the police want to do with them. There is no court in this state that would block that police action, if this is the path they choose to take, and likewise, we as pistol licensees do not have any protections in this state that other states may offer their licensees.

It is not a good idea to co-list all of your guns with someone else. There are handguns that I own that are not inside of this state. The only way these get surrendered is if the state determines I am no longer lawfully able to possess guns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.