New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sitting here in wonder, about after the whole ammo background checks come into play and no longer can buy ammo on line, what will happen, with the calibers you cant buy in a store? like 50 Beowulf for example.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
The 50 Beowulf is a minority cartridge. Quomo don't give a crap about no minorities.
Gun eradication by elimination of calibers.

You may want to drop an e-mail to the Tresmond Law firm.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Bingo, you have hit on the central aspect of the anti's plan. The ammunition becomes unavailable, rendering the firearms that require that ammo useless. You can travel out of state to get the ammo, but that presents a serious hardship for most people.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Bingo, you have hit on the central aspect of the anti's plan. The ammunition becomes unavailable, rendering the firearms that require that ammo useless. You can travel out of state to get the ammo, but that presents a serious hardship for most people.
It's going to be like prohibition. There will be a thriving blackmarket in overpriced ammo. Instead of catching criminals, Quomo created a new class of criminal and will piss away resources chasing ammo bootleggers. I predict speak easy reloding shops where you can rent reloading equipment. There will be crime, criminals and violence as a result of a zealous group of stupid politicians. Prohibition 2.0.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
There will be a thriving blackmarket in overpriced ammo
Well some of the suppliers are already playing the role with some of the prices out there!!

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Problem is buying ammo in stores is typically over priced and online is where you get good bulk prices... its going to cripple the shooting sports in this state.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I have faith that The Tresmonds will have this law overturned before I get anywhere near low on ammo.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
I have faith that The Tresmonds will have this law overturned before I get anywhere near low on ammo.
the tresmonds are not challenging the ammunition provisions. there is only one hope we have for that right now and that is the NYSRPA.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I am sitting here in wonder, about after the whole ammo background checks come into play and no longer can buy ammo on line, what will happen, with the calibers you cant buy in a store? like 50 Beowulf for example.
You already know what prohobition looks like for the Beowulf as owners of that caliber have all but lived it for a while now. Even when you can order it, the stores rarely if ever have it in stock (even Alexander Arms) and you may be waiting 5-8 months before an order to them is fulfilled. The only real solution for this problem, even without SAFE, is to reload. Reloading may also be a solution to keeping the pipe to reasonably priced materials from the internet open as long as the online retailers don't over-interpret SAFE and stop selling components too. Unfortunately there is fair reason to suspect that may happen given unreassuring responses from online retailers to inquiries about that. If this aspect of the law is not struck, and you can't get ammo or components in the DPRNY, then the only option is to travel to a Free State to purchase it as giving up the gun because of this FUACing is simply *NOT* an option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts