New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
10,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started using my CCI magnum primers, so I tried to dial back my powder a bit, but I'd like to run this buy you guys just to make sure I'm not endangering myself before I test these.

5.4 grains of Clays Universal
CCI Magnum primers
230gr rn bullets

· Banned
5,971 Posts
I started using my CCI magnum primers, so I tried to dial back my powder a bit, but I'd like to run this buy you guys just to make sure I'm not endangering myself before I test these.

5.4 grains of Clays Universal
CCI Magnum primers
230gr rn bullets
thats near a max load, are you just starting realoading? where did you get teh data? usually you dont' start with a max load, and make absolutly sure you have universal clays and not just clays, other wise, your gonna have a bad day.

· Registered
10,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I'm going from normal primers to a magnum primer, so I'm assuming that I can't just use the 5.6 grains that I was using with a normal primer with a magnum primer, which is why I bumped it down to 5.4, but it sounds like I should go even lower than that.

· Banned
5,971 Posts
I made six rounds using 4.7 and six rounds using 5.1. I'll try them both and see which one is more accurate.

As far as safety goes, I should be well within the safe zone, correct?
Should be, I switched to small rifle primers in my 9mm loads and noticed nothing different. II'd switched between regular and magnum primers with w296 and bullseye and again no difference

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.