New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a galco pocket holster for a kimber solo and it prints badly on every pair of paints I own. Now in surely not into skinny jeans not enough nut room. So what do you guys do. I'm not sure I'll keep it. I see no point in using it only in a jacket pocket since that would cover my gun anyway. So any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. I'm looking for something to carry on the warmer weather.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
It might look better when it breaks in. I use a DeSantis Nemisis with my P3AT and it works well.

Just because you notice doesn't mean others will.

·
Super Moderator
3,254 Posts
I use a Galco with a P3AT with excellent results. The Solo is larger than a P3AT though so that could be the issue.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
You guys are such slaves to fashion. My pocket holster goes in my Carhartts.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Never understood the pocket carry concept and I own a P238... You negate the reason for carrying when you bury it where you can't get it and deploy it in an instant. Just my $.02...

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I pocket carry my Smith 642 EveryDay/AllDay since I bought it about five years ago, I bought a used nylon holster and have the metal belt clip on the outside of my pocket, it's very comfortable, people see the metal clip and think it's a knife unless I carry it with the grips outside of my pocket. We have open carry here so it doesn't matter if you print, completely concealed, completely concealed or partially concealed.
The main thing is that for me it is so comfortable I forget it's in my pocket, when you get something that fits you, you will carry it EveryDay/AllDay and enjoy your first hand personal protection tool. I will NEVER go anywhere with out some form of personal protection, Cops are always minutes away or longer when seconds count!

By the time you find out whats totally comfortable for you you'll have several holster bought and some times a couple of different guns bought before you find the right combination that fits YOU.

Partially exposed,

Jeans Neck Sleeve Waist Stomach

Hidden

Jeans Trousers Leg Human body Waist

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I carry a KelTec P32 in a De Santis pocket holster as my BUG. It's small, but it's comforting! That little gem is always with me, no matter what I am doing. It just disappears in my pocket, yet draws like butter, leaving the holster right where it belongs!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I had this holster custom made for me in '92.

Been carrying it this way way since then.

I am looking for a "regular" holster for my hip lateley. Too many other items need to go in my pocket now. ie phone. I still use this holster when i wear shorts in the summer.

Brown Wood Liver Hardwood Tints and shades

·
Registered
810 Posts
Pocket carry is great imo since you can carry the same way regardless of weather or wardrobe no worry about sweeping cover garments out of the way and rather fast into action. When I get the vibe things may be dicey I simply walk with hands in pockets and gun already in my grip and no one is the wiser.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.