New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically regarding AK's. I'm eyeing up a non-compliant piece that pretty much just needs the bayo lug removed to be kosher.

However, I don't want to remove the section that holds the cleaning rod. Can you just mill the 'wings' or tabs off the side and retain the part that holds the rod?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Thanks. Screaming deal on AMD-65, need to pin the folder straight and knock the lug off.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Yes, grind the wings off. You have removed the evil feature function
What he said. My FFL recently did an AR build for me, I was like wha? There's still a bayonet lug on there. He patiently explained to my ignorant ass that he only shaved the wings off and left some on there to maintain aesthetics. It is NY compliant.

Note that when you do so, you have bare metal exposed and it is a magnet to elements and after effects (rust).

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
I see them on Bud's for $430, no bayo lug. Do you know if it's possible to remove the folder and fit a wood stock on?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, requires a bit of drilling but I had one of these before. You end up with an odd notch but it can happen. I lived in PA but didn't like the wire stock so I did some research.

This is actually a very easy NY compliance since the AMD had a 12.5" barrel and that extension is already welded. All you really need is to pin the folder and knock the bayo ears off. And I'm here to tell you, the AMD built on the original FEG receiver, is a glorious gun. I can't for the life of me understand why they're so cheap. Cheaper than WASR's built on **** century tin...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
amd65tech.com has a lot of info.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look at the ones on centerfire. No mention of century there. They're brand new on an unissued FEG receiver.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
from slickguns....

RIFLE SPECS:
•Century Mfg.
•Chrome-Lined Bore
•Built on FEG Receiver

still worth it IMO

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Buds probably wont ship them to NY. Ive tried to get a few things in the past from them and they are a PIA for non compliance gun shipping.

And yes, just the ears of the lug need to be removed. The guns look much better that way also.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Centerfire doesn't have the same hangups as Buds, and has the same price. :)

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Buds probably wont ship them to NY. Ive tried to get a few things in the past from them and they are a PIA for non compliance gun shipping.

And yes, just the ears of the lug need to be removed. The guns look much better that way also.
X2. They don't want to hear it when it comes to what is ACTUALLY legal. They are almost like CTD when it comes to customer service.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 17 of 17 Posts