New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is yellow - same as last years. A lot of people around Oneida county have new licenses with kind of muted, camo colors and depicting some outdoor scenes. Quite a few people have last years yellow color -- DEC usually changes colors every year, -- can I expect some sort of problem with lastt years color, -- any DEC officers paying attention here, feel free to comment about this. Apparently some of the places issuing licenses are using last years yellow printing stock.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Mine is yellow.

·
Registered
588 Posts
The camo color sporting scene is what it was suppose to be this year. The paper/plastic rolls didn't fit a lot of the printers correctly and they were printing across the perforations so they started using last years color.

·
Registered
687 Posts
NO problem with old color. Just make sure the license is 2014 to 2015 and don't mix them up with last years. I keep all my old ones so I immediately put the old ones away so I didn't grab the wrong tags.

I also heard they were having problems with the printing holding on some of the agents printers.

Imagine, NY rolling out something new without testing it and thinking it through. Who would've thought?...LOL

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
From a DEC officer at my bow safety class

-the roll of camo paper was to large in diameter to fit in some of the printers
-the camo paper was rolled before the ink was dry on some batches so it wouldn't feed into the printer.
-retailer were told to use left over paper from last year.
-your tag number never changes, you can wear what ever year you want or use a photocopy

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Yellow.

What Ray said. As long as visible and number is correct your GTG.

·
5,143 Posts
-your tag number never changes, you can wear what ever year you want or use a photocopy
I never understood this regulation. Seems stupid IMO. I refuse to put holes in my $200 jacket to attach a back tag holder.

·
5,143 Posts
My jackets have a tab on the back with metal grommets so I can put my
holder through them without putting holes in them.
A couple of my jackets do, but one of them doesn't. Poking a hole through a waterproof fabric? I don't think so.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got some of both yellow and the camo scene. They started printing tags on the leftover yellow paper, ran out while printing mine, then finished with the new stuff.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts