New York Firearms Forum banner

What are your ring sizes ? (If you wear a ring/rings)

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  HEX 
#1 ·
For one of many of the crazy projects in my head (one which to be honest I'll never likely actually do) I started thinking about different people's ring sizes. I regularly wear various rings, sometimes on all fingers and sometimes on just one or two.
Put down all your fingers if you like, or maybe just your ring finger, or whatever fingers you might consider wearing rings on.

Mine are
Thumb: 13.5
Index: 12 or 12.5
Middle: 12.5
Ring: 11 or 11.5
Pinky: 9.5

#3 ·
hex,

What medium do you work with? I play around making jewelry sometimes too. Below are rings that I made and wore for a while. I made them 100% on my own. Everything from the wax model to the alloy to the casting. I also refine precious metals. Don't know exactly what size my fingers are as I just kept working with the wax models until they fit. I'm told my fingers are relatively big. The rings are solid 14k and weighed a little over 4 troy ounces.

#7 · (Edited)
Those are neat GSB. And 4 oz of Gold ?! Thats some investment there, but then again.. why not, right . It's cooler amd more fun than storing precious metals in bar bullion or something.
Anyway, the truth is I can't say I work in any kind of ring making medium at all; not yet anyway. (unless you count wood, or wax carving) I'm just interested in it and in the initial stages of learning about casting. Looks like I found the person to ask though.. heh.

What I was potentially hoping to accomplish down the road was some custom sterling stuff. Also though I had a wacky idea about a potential firearm accessory where 'rings' of a sort would come into play. I'm always thinking up something that seriouy deserves a prototype but lack of funding and tooling generally prevent all my progress. Heck, even the silver casting looks like its more investment in equipment than I can consider realistic just to start. It stinks being a poor genius.. heh

#8 ·
Yep. I was walking around like Mr. T at one point. This was when gold was $1700 an ounce. So at 58.3% gold by weight the rings were worth a little under 4 grand. I also still have this one pendant I made and still wear from time to time. I didn't get as much use out of the rings as I would have liked so I ended up refining them and selling the gold. The pendant I won't get rid of since I just love it. It's huge and awesome. It actually contains the first 3 grams of gold I ever refined.

If you're serious about coming up with something I would be willing to help you. Silver really isn't that costly to work with compared to gold. Let me know.

Before filing and buffing.

#10 ·
That seems to be the going thing. I'm surprised though. I figured at least the married guys would know their wedding ring size if nothing else. I am entertained by rings and know all my sizes because I buy them relatively often (usually cheap stuff like stainless). To some degree rings are also a cultural thing among 'my people' (hard to explain)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.