New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about building up some new loads for my carbine. I currently use a 75gr. AMax for my SPR and I just loaded about 1k of 55gr. spfb for plinking and target with the carbine.
I got to thinking though, what would be a good bullet for anti-personnel/zombies? Woud the 55's be enough or would you go to a 60-65 gr?

· Registered
8,557 Posts
What is your barrel rate of twist? 55 or 62 fmj were good enough to take out humans on the battlefield from 1967 to present.

55s can be had in bulk pretty cheap

· Registered
2,982 Posts
60 grain Noslers, The Partition has never left me tracking a deer. And the Ballistic Tip usually vaporizes Zombie varmints. The Hornady 75gr HPBT can be loaded to mag length or you can buy the steel match for about $23 per fifty if you do not reload.

I also save old nuts bolts bearings ect. from the farm to put through the civil war cannon.

· Registered
210 Posts
Ten millimeter explosive tip caseless. Standard light armor piercing round. Why? :p

p.s.- I bet if you told Bloomberg you had a crate of those, he would actually think they were real and have ESU raid your house.

· Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ten millimeter explosive tip caseless. Standard light armor piercing round. Why? :p

p.s.- I bet if you told Bloomberg you had a crate of those, he would actually think they were real and have ESU raid your house.
LOL... Bloomberg and his goonies are not allowed in my area, besides that, I have three retired ESU working for me :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.