New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called for appointment Dec 2012 received a 6/28/13 appointment. Called on May 1, and there was an opening on May 28. Permit was issued 10/22/13 - Target and hunting restrictions.

I have 2 friends who applied at virtually the same time. One had a May 1 appointment and received his permit in September. Another applied on June 28 and received his at the end of September. So it sounds like the process is anywhere from 3-5 months currently.

I was arrested in 2000 on a misdemeanor (false ID) and received an ajournment contemplating dismissal (ACD). I disclosed this on the application and provided the necessary backup. My 2 friends have never been arrested so I assume that is why their applications where approved quicker.

Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
congrats, and i hope you are registered to vote and actively fighting to help defend your rights and the rights of future generations.

if your not already a member you should join

NRA
SCOPENY
NYSRPA

it doesnt cost much to join and it helps them a lot! get your friends to join too, we can make a difference!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
So they are now down to 10 months (between application and hard plastic in hand). Great! and congrats - although it feels kinda cheezy saying congrats for utilization of what is essentially an enumerated right in our US Bill of Rights.

Congrats anyways. :), and may all of the skeletons in AC's closets fall out and end his political career.

If you have a few left over bennies, the SAF is a solid gun-rights organization to support as well.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
As lht stated we need to include the wait time for the appointment to be able to submit the app as well because some people have to wait more than 6 months to even submit their app.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm at the 4 month mark waiting for my target permit.
A Sportsman Permit would be a warmly welcomed.
I'm squeaky clean, not even a moving violation.
My concern is at this point they haven't even contacted
any of my character references or my employment.
Did they call or mail anything to yours.
Thanks.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm at the 4 month mark waiting for my target permit.
A Sportsman Permit would be a warmly welcomed.
I'm squeaky clean, not even a moving violation.
My concern is at this point they haven't even contacted
any of my character references or my employment.
Did they call or mail anything to yours.
Thanks.
I'm right there with you. I dropped off my paperwork on 7/23 and when I called today they said 8 more weeks. Apparently they do not contact references. None of mine have been contacted yet.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
My references were never called nor my place of employment.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think they answer figuring a 6 month time frame.
At this rate with the extra help I heard they hired and
what with the fellow members have been posting I think it will be sooner.
I rather not call thinking if I aggravate them I will be pushed further down the stack.
So instead every day I run to the mailbox like a child running for presents on Christmas Day.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Call them up and be courteous. They are pretty helpful over there I called after 4 months and then at 5 months. When I submitted my amendment for the dportsman restriction I called a ton of time to the point where one lady said she remembered talking to me a couples weeks earlier.

I think they answer figuring a 6 month time frame.
At this rate with the extra help I heard they hired and
what with the fellow members have been posting I think it will be sooner.
I rather not call thinking if I aggravate them I will be pushed further down the stack.
So instead every day I run to the mailbox like a child running for presents on Christmas Day.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm with Celt - be polite but persistent if you want to chart the progress of your app. The officer I spoke to today was pleasant and the process of dropping off my app, finger prints etc. was professionally conducted and pleasant. We need more gun owners in Westchester ! Good luck to all in your pursuit of your rights... He he he.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My references were never called nor my place of employment.
Nor were mine when I applied five years ago...they just want to make the process as tedious as possible for the applicant. Unfortunately, that is the Westchester mentality where guns are concerned <sigh>.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
So it sounds like the process is anywhere from 3-5 months currently.
Congrats to you!

My application and fingerprints were submitted on 6/26/13.
Still waiting....(2 weeks short of 5 months).

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Congrats to you!

My application and fingerprints were submitted on 6/26/13.
Still waiting....(2 weeks short of 5 months).
you should call phazer its been plenty long enough to check in with them.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Congrats. Filed my application in mid September. Still a long way to go.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Congrats NYNJ8. As stated, don't forget to get out and vote. Our southern votes are just as, if not more important than our northern votes. Spread the word!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts