1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thought it was $35?

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
op, i clicked the link then realized you have a typo.. "tacital" some people might not figure that out and wont get to view the actual site.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've used them multiple times. They're easy to deal with and I haven't had any problems with them. I've paid 35 for handgun transfers but they may have just raised their prices. I'll find out when I pick up the 1911 they're holding for me as soon as my amendment is approved

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Not really so "new", they have been there for a while.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I wanted to use them, but the ffl process that they outline on the web site is out there.

The major problem for me is that they want $$ for each day you leave the gun with them beyond few days that they give you initially after delivery to them. I have no idea how many days Rockland county will take to process my amendment. It could be few days....it could be a month. I really can't be bothered with that kind of arrangement. That's just crazy.

I'd really like to know if they are good people to deal with for FFL. But the info on the site and the guy I talked to did not lead me to pursue this establishment further last time I did a ffl transfer on my sig.

·
Registered
383 Posts
They deal with general public or just prefer leo?
They deal with the general public.

I wanted to use them, but the ffl process that they outline on the web site is out there.

The major problem for me is that they want $$ for each day you leave the gun with them beyond few days that they give you initially after delivery to them. I have no idea how many days Rockland county will take to process my amendment. It could be few days....it could be a month. I really can't be bothered with that kind of arrangement. That's just crazy.

I'd really like to know if they are good people to deal with for FFL. But the info on the site and the guy I talked to did not lead me to pursue this establishment further last time I did a ffl transfer on my sig.
i agree about the $$ for each day problem. For handguns, I use a guy in Yonkers. If you want to use them as an FFL just make sure you have a Tracking # so you can pick up the gun that day (you have three business days to pick it up without paying the extra daily fee). I had two long guns sent there and both were $35. One was picked up 5 days after it arrived bc i didnt have a tracking # but i still wasn't charged extra fees. I wouldnt go there looking for a deal on anything and IMO their indoor range is way too expensive to even consider. Still, good to have a FFL close by that doesn't charge $50 for a transfer...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks for the info. Do they have any stock on hand?
Not the best stock but they do have a few rifles and handguns. Holsters, some ammo, knives, belts, boots, and tactical clothing are all there.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Are you sure they will charge you for a handgun while you are waiting for amendment approval? I thought they just want you to show up within 3 days to check it out, get the serial and then submit the paperwork. I've only transferred long guns though them but I think it would be crazy for them to charge a daily fee for handguns (after you inspected it) since they know how the wonderful system in NYS works.

Drock is right about Richie in Yonkers. Weird hours, but good guy to deal with (and work with).

·
Registered
649 Posts
YES, I'm sure....

Are you sure they will charge you for a handgun while you are waiting for amendment approval? I thought they just want you to show up within 3 days to check it out, get the serial and then submit the paperwork. I've only transferred long guns though them but I think it would be crazy for them to charge a daily fee for handguns (after you inspected it) since they know how the wonderful system in NYS works.
hey w'up ? are you coming to the session with paul in sept ??

Now, back to the subject at hand.

If that was the really the case, I really wouldn't have a problem with it. But, I can tell you that it's not reflected in their SOP.

See --> http://www.bluelinetactical.com/FirearmTransferPolicyFFL.pdf

The SOP is full of fail for me. For example, few excerpts and my comments :

"If the firearm is not shipped with a gun lock, one must be purchased before the firearm can leave our premises."

Gee...may I have an option to bring one from home ?
If I really have to buy one there, how much is it ? I'm not going to be expected to buy a 150$ lock, am I ?

"Firearms must be picked-up from Blueline Tactical Supply by close of the third business day after arrival on our premises (arrival date plus two grace period days). Firearms not pick-up within the grace period are subject to a $10 per day storage fee for every day after the grace period."

So...after the 3 day I'm paying 10$ per day. Notice that it indicates "PICKED-UP", not inspected. Nor does it mention any thing about leniency for governmental process.....
What if my judge at rockland is on vacation and the amendment takes a month ?
What if my Federal check comes back as "Delay" ??
This one is the biggest fail for me.

------------off soap box-----------

I *THINK* they wrote this stuff in to protect themselves. I get it. I do. But, it's not realistic nor flexible. To some one who doesn't know them, it reads like I'm being set up to pay them a bundle in fees.

I would be happy to go there if they re-write this to some thing more reasonable. In a mean while, I'm using my local kitchen table FLL for 25$ !! I rather use some one with a B&M store with stable business hours tho.

K

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
hey w'up ? are you coming to the session with paul in sept ??
Long time no see. I probably wont make it, been a busy summer with work and Sept isn't looking any better.

Now, back to the subject at hand...
The majority of the doc may have been written before they could sell/transfer handguns and only doing long guns only, although I think they were transferring handguns before April 2012 when it was last "revised", but not much before as they still couldn't do it late 2011. Anyway I transferred a lower AR receiver though them in March and I didn't need a trigger lock. ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would hope they wouldn't make you put a trigger lock on just a lower. This post makes me curious. I'll have to pop my head in there next time I'm driving by.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have done business with these guys. My comments: great guys, very helpful, kind and easy going. However, if you need a transfer I suggest calling them ahead of time or going into the store in person so they know who you are. Even though the website says to email them...DO NOT EMAIL THEM! THEY WILL NOT RESPOND. Yes, they have rules but if they like you and know you, they might bend some of their rules for you. For Westchester County, Blueline is very much needed however, they do minor gunsmithing on site and they have a gunsmith that comes in a couple days a week in the afternoons. Repairs and/or replacements can be expensive.
I bought a preban AR15 and used them to transfer I had to wait a month because the guys at blueline wouldnt release me the rifle until I had a letter of authentification from the manufacture. That was a pain-in-the-a$$ experience. But more so on my end because the manufacture took 3 weeks to send out the letter.
As for accessories, you can always find them online for much cheaper. I told the guys at blueline they need to sell more ammo and bulk ammo because the closest store in the area that sells ammo is Dick's in White Plains and the selection is limited and over priced.
Another negative comment was when I asked if they sold slidefire stock and they told me that the NY State Troopers told them that it was illegal in NY. That right there made me suspect about their overall knowledge of NY Gun Laws.
They had a guy named Chris that used to work there and he was sharp and knew his stuff. But since he left things have changed a little.
All in all I would say it is a good store, with great service. The prices are actually reasonable considering they are in Westchester and possibly the fastest and most responsive store in the area. Unlike All-County Sporting over on Yonkers Ave in Yonkers. He has never returned any of my calls nor is his shop ever open.
If anyone knows any other FFL in Westchester please PM me. I am always looking for a transfer agent. $50-$60 plus tax is not an issue for me, I live in Westchester and don't mind the price as long as the transfer is quick and efficient.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Looks like they have been reading this thread, here is their new revised policy and prices as of Sept 2012 (not on website as of this posting). The handgun storage fee has been addressed (Ken will be happy. ;)). Although the pricing kinda sucks now.

Every firearm transferred to Blueline Tactical Supply is subject to a transfer fee:
  • Long Guns - $40.00 @
  • Handguns - $50.00 @
Members of Blueline Shooting Sports are charged a reduced transfer fee: any firearm - $35.00 @.

A transferred firearm must meet all requirements of NYS and Federal law, and must be shipped with the following:
  • an operational gun lock that works for that firearm (see more below).
  • an appropriate gun case for that firearm.
  • a copy of the transferor's FFL.
Firearms must be shipped via UPS, FedEx or a similar insured, reputable carrier that provides tracking information to the customer. Blueline will NOT accept firearms transferred by USPS. It is the customer's responsibility to make ALL arrangements with the transferring FFL, including delivery of required documents and payment of shipping costs, and to notify Blueline Tactical Supply of any firearm transfer prior to its arrival at our premises. Notification should be made by e-mail ONLY to: [email protected]. This means a phone call to Blueline is NOT necessary, NOR is it sufficient. The email notification must include:
  • the make / model of the firearm being transferred
  • ALL contact information (name, address, daytime phone number) for the transferring FFL (including a contact name)
  • ALL contact information (name, address, daytime phone number) for the customer requesting the transfer.
LONG GUNS
Long Guns must be picked-up from Blueline Tactical Supply by close of the third business day after arrival on our premises (arrival date plus two grace period days). It is the customer's responsibility to ascertain whether the firearm has arrived by contacting the shipping company and to claim the firearm from Blueline Tactical Supply within thirty days.
  • Long Guns NOT picked-up within the grace period are subject to a $10/day storage fee for every day after the grace period.
  • Long guns NOT CLAIMED WITHIN THIRTY DAYS of arrival will be considered ABANDONED.
HANDGUNS
EACH handgun purchased for the purpose of obtaining a pistol license is subject to a $50.00 storage fee while the customer is waiting to obtain the license. Because of the NYS pistol permit amendment process, handguns purchased as an addition to an existing gun license, will NOT be assessed a storage fee while the customer is waiting for the amended license.
  • Handguns NOT picked-up within three days of receiving the amended license are subject to a $10/day storage fee.
  • Handguns NOT CLAIMED WITHIN THIRTY DAYS of receiving the amended license will be considered ABANDONED.

ABANDONED FIREARMS: Once a firearm is considered abandoned, Blueline Tactical Supply reserves the right to possess and sell the firearm at no further recompense to the customer.

If the firearm does not meet NYS or Federal law it will be returned to the transferring FFL at the customer's cost, and may be reported to the proper authorities. If the firearm is not shipped with a gun lock or gun case, one must be supplied by the customer or purchased from Blueline before the firearm can leave store premises.

By shipping a firearm to Blueline Tactical Supply it means that you understand and accept the transfer policy as put forth by this document.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts