New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted. I am a Westchester county resident looking for a pistol permit (to shoot at the range). I noticed that there is an "Authorization for release of personal information" form (WCPD- 126N) thrown into the application packet. I also noticed that this is exclusive to Westchester County. There is no mention specifically that this form needs to be submitted with the application.
This form essentially gives consent to the Westchester County Dept of Public Safety to access my records

"private...records pertaining to my education, medical and/or psychiatric treatment...I release [them] from any and all liability on account of having collected, used, or DISSEMINATED such information."

My question is this: can these records be disseminated, and to whom? (FBI, national databases, etc). And do they really go through the trouble of locating all your medical records? WHAT IS UP WITH THIS FORM?! I noticed it is only for Westchester permits!

If I posted in the wrong forum, I apologize. Feel free to move it.

Thanks all for your help! Any advice or info would be helpful.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Bend over and grab your ankles if you want a permit. More hoops are created everyday in nyistan by your elected officials, your county isn't the only one. You vote?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts