New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my application in and fingerprinted about a week ago. Already getting antsy to pick up my pistol from the baby sitter so i can get to a range. i was told 6 months. im hoping somehow it will be much quicker than that. doubt it though
any recent westchester applicants here with their timelines? i heard they are a little quicker lately..

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Expect all 6 months in Wastechester as they claim to be flooded with permit paperwork. Welcome to the gorum as well. I hope your registered to vote and ready to unseat the tyrants starting with king cuomo.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm still earlier on in the pistol permit process, been at it for a long while now...

I picked up my paperwork mid-May 2013, scheduled my appointment the same week. The earliest appointment they had for me was mid-April 2014, 11 months, 11 MONTHS! Just crazy if you ask me. I was told I could call back every so often to see if there's a cancellation, but I didn't so that's partly my fault. Completed the safety course needed in July 2013, "purchased" my pistol last weekend and I'm just getting my character references letter sorted out now.

I sure as hell hope I get my permit back before October (6 months later). Missing out on a whole summer of shooting would suck.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Got my application in and fingerprinted about a week ago. Already getting antsy to pick up my pistol from the baby sitter so i can get to a range. i was told 6 months. im hoping somehow it will be much quicker than that. doubt it though
any recent westchester applicants here with their timelines? i heard they are a little quicker lately..
I handed in my application on Dec 10th and they told me 5-6 months. I'm trying not to think about it so much but it's hard. I'm hoping to forget about it and just get my approval letter in the mail one day.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I feel for you guys. It's like we're from different states.
In Orange County, I had to wait every day of six months, but at least I had an unrestricted CCW waiting at the end.
I hear its damn near impossible to get one in Westchester or on L.I.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
if your appt. is in april you can expect to receive it around Oct. I would call every week to see if they have any cancellations...

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
thanks for the replies..though not what i wanted to hear. have a long wait ahead of me i guess.
Welcome.

Sorry...but...took me 5 months to the day from when I turned in my paperwork.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome.

Sorry...but...took me 5 months to the day from when I turned in my paperwork.
5 months is long, but i would sign up for that right now. would mean sometime in June for me.. 5 is better than 6. thanks. ill try not to think about it for awhile

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
only been a month, and im checking my mailbox every day thinking maybe i will get lucky....waiting sucks. cant wait to get to a range and shoot my pistol.

·
Registered
95 Posts
only been a month, and im checking my mailbox every day thinking maybe i will get lucky....waiting sucks. cant wait to get to a range and shoot my pistol.
Yeah, it sure does suck. I've been waiting 2 months and it is killing me. It is getting a little better though because I don't think about it as much as I used to. I'm looking forward to not caring anymore.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Once I get my character references back and my paperwork is final I'll be giving them a call.
Hope you can slide into a cancellation slot.

·
Registered
95 Posts
if your appt. is in april you can expect to receive it around Oct. I would call every week to see if they have any cancellations...
Good point Celt! I got my application in the mail in mid November 2013, set up my appointment a few days later and received a date of September 10 2014. I quickly filled out the application, took the safety course, had my references fill out the form and put a deposit on a pistol. I called and got a cancelled appointment for December 10. Now I'm 2 months into the real waiting process.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just under 4 months for me after I was fingerprinted...I called for an appointment to hand in my paperwork February 2013...They gave me a date of May 2014 to get printed...15 months??? Anyway...Be nice to the ladies on the phone, it pays off. I wound up getting my appointment moved up to the end of September 2013 and had my permit in my hand middle of January. They will tell you to call and see if there are any cancellations, just be ready to go. I called in the morning and they told me be there 4:00 that afternoon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts