New York Firearms Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had my interview on 1st week of January (had to wait 2 months to get an interview as I had to reschedule original date) - I got my approval letter today. So just a little more than 2 months since interview. Now trying to figure out if and when I should go to that building to collect the permit.

Also - now got to figure out what other states I should apply to for CCW permit and how easy it is. Seems like FL is a definite possibility with only getting approved fingerprinting being an issue.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello

Does anyone know if the Purchase Voucher has an expiration date or time frame?

I was given my approved Purchase Voucher and Pistol permit just prior to the pandemic but then everything shut down and I was unable to pickup my firearm. Now that things are opening back up am I able to go pick it up or do I need to visit the county clerk office again to get a new voucher?

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello

Does anyone know if the Purchase Voucher has an expiration date or time frame?

I was given my approved Purchase Voucher and Pistol permit just prior to the pandemic but then everything shut down and I was unable to pickup my firearm. Now that things are opening back up am I able to go pick it up or do I need to visit the county clerk office again to get a new voucher?

Thanks
Well we've never experienced anything like this before as far as covid19 goes so it changed the way we currently live , I'm not 100% sure if your voucher expires after a certain date if I was you I wouldn't be concerned about it , just call the gun store or send them an email telling them your ready to pick up your gun and tell them your concerns, they will know if it expires or not , the county clerks office is available on the phone but i'd reach out to the gun store first and see what they say , good luck I'm waiting for a voucher myself hopefully I get it soon .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well we've never experienced anything like this before as far as covid19 goes so it changed the way we currently live , I'm not 100% sure if your voucher expires after a certain date if I was you I wouldn't be concerned about it , just call the gun store or send them an email telling them your ready to pick up your gun and tell them your concerns, they will know if it expires or not , the county clerks office is available on the phone but i'd reach out to the gun store first and see what they say , good luck I'm waiting for a voucher myself hopefully I get it soon .
My firearms dealer is in another county, so they asked me to check what my county's rules are. The voucher does not have a date on it. Does anyone know if the voucher is dated a few months back, am I going to have a problem obtaining my firearm?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have had my pistol license with the Target restriction since Jan 2020.

What is the next restriction up that I should apply for and how do I amend my existing license?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have had my pistol license with the Target restriction since Jan 2020.

What is the next restriction up that I should apply for and how do I amend my existing license?
I would appreciate some advice on this as well. Would love to go full carry but finding unicorns is tough.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would appreciate some advice on this as well. Would love to go full carry but finding unicorns is tough.
Hunting is an upgrade or the sportsperson which I upgraded to , apparently you'll have to ask the clerks office for the amendment form

let us know how you make out and good luck .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hunting is an upgrade or the sportsperson which I upgraded to , apparently you'll have to ask the clerks office for the amendment form

let us know how you make out and good luck .
How long did you wait to upgrade from target to sportsperson? Did they have a specific Sportsperson form at the clerks office or did you use the blank amendment form and hand write it in?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just received 8/31/2021 as my interview date and I was told to consider myself lucky.
I am an attorney and am seriously considering a legal challenge.
I was wondering if anyone else has gone through the process recently and can share their appointment timeframe.
To me this is beyond the pale ridiculous and intended to infringe on my/our rights.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just received 8/31/2021 as my interview date and I was told to consider myself lucky.

I was wondering if anyone else has gone through the process recently and can share their appointment timeframe.
To me this is beyond the pale ridiculous and intended to infringe on my/our rights.
You waited a few months too long. The pistol permit office was closed for a few months due to covid and I called everyday to try to set up a new appointment. When they finally answered on 7/20/20 I was able to get a 8/20/20 appointment. Since then they still have not even cashed my money order. I would have thought that was the first thing they would do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You waited a few months too long. The pistol permit office was closed for a few months due to covid and I called everyday to try to set up a new appointment. When they finally answered on 7/20/20 I was able to get a 8/20/20 appointment. Since then they still have not even cashed my money order. I would have thought that was the first thing they would do.
Did you have your interview? Have you had any progress since the interview?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you have your interview? Have you had any progress since the interview?
It has been a month and a half since my interview and fingerprinting and no word of anything. They didn't even cash my money order yet or call any of my references.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It has been a month and a half since my interview and fingerprinting and no word of anything. They didn't even cash my money order yet or call any of my references.
Similar to you, I called a couple of days after the office reopened and received an appt date of Oct 28th of this year. So I will go in 3 weeks to drop off my paperwork and get fingerprinted. What can I expect that day? Answer any questions etc etc?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Similar to you, I called a couple of days after the office reopened and received an appt date of Oct 28th of this year. So I will go in 3 weeks to drop off my paperwork and get fingerprinted. What can I expect that day? Answer any questions etc etc?
No questions at all, so not really an interview. Guy goes through your documents to make sure everything is there and complete, then he takes a pic of you then electronic fingerprinting and all done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Made appointment back in July for October 2020 date. Went to their office. No interview. Nice and smooth. Still up to a six month wait but we will see...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can I just hop in here to say that this is a seriously messed up process. I’ve lived up here for two years and still haven’t applied for a pistol permit. Primarily, this is because I don’t know four people in NY that I would want to inconvenience or feel comfortable asking/knowing about me applying for a pistol permit. I’m a very private person and just stay to myself with my wife and dog. Mind you I had a CCW in the South for years. Terrible. Rant over.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I feel your pain... I have been trying to call for weeks.. finally got a call back last week and was told my appointment is March of 2022. Unreal. This means I could be waiting until 2023 until I get my license, when I started calling in November of 2020. Let us know if you are/were able to do anything about the wait time...

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s insane. I called on Monday and they gave me a date of 4/20/22. That is just crazy. I believe they are doing this on purpose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wanted to update the thread - I received my approval letter for my pistol permit today. I dropped off my application on 10/28, a tad shy of 90 days. Setup my appointment tomorrow to pick the permit up at the clerk's office and then will probably head straight to the shop to pick my firearm up!

41 - 60 of 68 Posts