New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,
i'm very interested in applying for a permit but unfortunately i live here in westchester which i've heard is really strict on permit applications. first off i'm not expecting a concealed carry permit at all, a target/camping restricted permit will do just fine. i just wanted to separate myself from the BS and rumors and get an idea of how hard it would be for me to get a permit. i'll be 21 in less than a month and i'm a fulltime college student as well as an eagle scout. a couple of years ago i was given an open container violation in the bronx and i was wondering how that might affect my application. i also had a few points on my license about 2 years back. i've read about people being approved with much more serious offenses on their record, but since i am still pretty young i feel it might affect my application more than someone older's. i don't want to apply and get denied because if i were to reapply down the line i feel like it would look bad that i was denied once before. what do you think my chances of being awarded a permit are?

·
Registered
649 Posts
What you have on your record....

.......really doesn't sound that bad. Not that I know a lot about how Westchester process the applications, but I'd be surprised if they deny you for those.

I don't think minor offenses would affect it, unless if they were repeated offences that are violent and/or shows repeated cases of stupidity/negligence/irresponsibility. A traffic ticket few years ago and a "Open container summons" is hardly that....IMHO.

Plus, the fact that you are a college student and an eagle scout points to your stable life style. I don't know if they have an interview process in westchester, but I'm sure that kind of thing is a PLUS.

So, like others I'd like to encourage you to apply !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.