New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If one has a Full Carry Lic. Issued in Westchester Co. Would I be allowed to carry in NYC ? OR do I have to apply for a NYC Full Carry License from scratch? Is there resosprosidy? Thank you. Cookie Yonkers NY.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your response.. its Weird that on the NYS POLICE Q AND A section .. especially in the Renewal of licenses. They put NYC. NASSAU SUFFOLK AND WESTCHESTER COUNTIES together as if your licensed in thouse counties that the renewal of your current license the rules are the same ... maybe by some miracle if you FullCarry in one of the above.... repicrosity may now be a possibility but you guys are most probably correct. I will call NYPD pistol unit next week and get a hopefully truthful and accurate answer and report back. Thanks again !! Be safe. Cookie Yonkers Ny.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thank you for your response.. its Weird that on the NYS POLICE Q AND A section .. especially in the Renewal of licenses. They put NYC. NASSAU SUFFOLK AND WESTCHESTER COUNTIES together as if your licensed in thouse counties that the renewal of your current license the rules are the same ... maybe by some miracle if you FullCarry in one of the above.... repicrosity may now be a possibility but you guys are most probably correct. I will call NYPD pistol unit next week and get a hopefully truthful and accurate answer and report back. Thanks again !! Be safe. Cookie Yonkers Ny.
You will be required to complete the requirements as per the 18 hours of training when applying to those areas that renew. You may also be required to provide social media accounts to the NYPD.
The DCJS memo has information regarding the new Law.
Their was a pistol license clerk who said a Full Carry Pistol license holder is now able to carry anywhere in New York State because of the Supreme Court Ruling. It’s not valid in NYC.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for your response. I will call nypd this week and try to get further clarification..i hold Armed Guard Dept of State licensed and find it crazy ..... I cannot get NYC permitt without all the nonsence. Having a Full carry in Westchester..a border county of the Bronx. But ..it is what it is.. and if thats the biggest problem i have... im one lucky man... Be safe Cookie. Yonkers..

·
Registered
1 Posts
On the off chance that one has a Full Convey Lic. Given in Westchester Co. Would I be permitted to convey in New York City ? Or on the other hand do I need to apply for a New York City Full Convey Permit without any preparation? Is there resosprosidy? Much obliged to you. Treat Yonkers NY.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Western Suffolk County pretty much “converted” all of our current (restricted) Carry licenses to Premise Sportsman, we used to be able to carry to/from range and allowed “refreshment” stops, not anymore, they are going the same route NYC went, where they “suggest” pistols are in a locked box for transportation. Bruen made it WORSE for use down here. To upgrade for carry, $750 for training, give up social media accounts, and pretty much go through the application process again, a big shit sandwich, and we’re all taking a bite.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Western Suffolk County pretty much “converted” all of our current (restricted) Carry licenses to Premise Sportsman, we used to be able to carry to/from range and allowed “refreshment” stops, not anymore, they are going the same route NYC went, where they “suggest” pistols are in a locked box for transportation. Bruen made it WORSE for use down here. To upgrade for carry, $750 for training, give up social media accounts, and pretty much go through the application process again, a big shit sandwich, and we’re all taking a bite.
Shop Around on Price. I have seen $400 being charged. I know all new applications require it. Sucks that Suffolk is making their Restricted license holders give them your social media accounts after completing the 18 hour training course.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If one has a Full Carry Lic. Issued in Westchester Co. Would I be allowed to carry in NYC ? OR do I have to apply for a NYC Full Carry License from scratch? Is there resosprosidy? Thank you. Cookie Yonkers NY.
Technically according to the new laws effective 9/1/22 you can carry anywhere in the State including NYC however there are many exceptions classified as sensitive (restricted areas) which are basically everywhere. Look up the new laws on the NYS Police website.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wrong you should really look up the new laws before giving false advise.
Unfortunately, they are correct. Outside NYC licenses are not allowed to carry in NYC. The supreme court did rule that NYC cannot declare the whole city a sensitive area but thats basically what they are still doing. Rockland County permits even state very clearly this is not for carry in NYC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts