New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can we start a group for Westchester County?? I think it would be nice for Westchester County Residents to have one place to go where we can find out or discuss information that pertains to us specifically since rules, regulations and procedures vary by county. There is plenty of great information on this forum but sifting through it can be very time consuming.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
There is a 'groups' function built in to the forum. You can access Groups from the 'Community' pull down menu (located in the second line beneath the site logo on any page). Also there is a 'Join Groups' link on the bottom left of anyone's profile that is a already a member of any groups and has it shown.

This feature has never really caught on and hasn't been very popular on this forum .. but you're welcome to try and start one.

·
Registered
336 Posts
How can we start a group for Westchester County?? I think it would be nice for Westchester County Residents to have one place to go where we can find out or discuss information that pertains to us specifically since rules, regulations and procedures vary by county. There is plenty of great information on this forum but sifting through it can be very time consuming.
So, you think you're better than us??? Just kiddin :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a 'groups' function built in to the forum. You can access Groups from the 'Community' pull down menu (located in the second line beneath the site logo on any page). Also there is a 'Join Groups' link on the bottom left of anyone's profile that is a already a member of any groups and has it shown.

This feature has never really caught on and hasn't been very popular on this forum .. but you're welcome to try and start one.
Thanks a lot for the helpful information!

·
Registered
104 Posts
We have other issues in this County so , a separate section would be a great idea . Unfortunately for us , Westchester does have the distinction of being the ONLY County in NY that has had a "No-Knock" Search Law (so they can see how we store or firearms at 3am) on the Books for 10 years now. And I'd be willing to bet that most New Yorkers never knew about this Westchester gun owners take aim at county's firearm safety laws - NY Daily News

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
We have other issues in this County so , a separate section would be a great idea . Unfortunately for us , Westchester does have the distinction of being the ONLY County in NY that has had a "No-Knock" Search Law (so they can see how we store or firearms at 3am) on the Books for 10 years now. And I'd be willing to bet that most New Yorkers never knew about this Westchester gun owners take aim at county's firearm safety laws - NY Daily News
Has this ever happened, LE coming unannounced?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not that I've heard but , you know they wouldn't advertise it if they had . Even if it' never been used , I really don't like having that hang over our heads t's illegal ..but they don't care

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I didn't even know this feature existed! It is kind of a pain to use though. I'd rather see a few new sections broken into groups of counties for area specific discussion. For example like PAFOA has it.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I've told him 100 times already, BUT....I'll tell (demand) my Father (AGAIN) to join this site, and I'll tell him about the Westchester User Group. I'm sure he'd get involved, and I'm sure he'd appreciate all the valuable info he'd get.

I already told many friends about the site, as well.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
I actually never heard of this before, thanks for the info... I wonder if this will start to be used after the registration deadline passes?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts