New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle was looking to add another gun to his permit and neither of us have any idea about what the process is in westchester to get a new gun added. Their website is pretty simple and doesn't really give much info other than "contact us with any question". He is a retired Westchester County cop if that makes any difference which I would think it would change a little bit since he has full carry rather than the traditional target permit.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The process is no different for target, employment, fully carry, etc...

Download this form: http://www.westchesterclerk.com/images/stories/pdf/3 1 Amendment Form.pdf

Make 2 copies, fill them both out (fill out top portion of form including your pistol permit #, fill out #3, sign the bottom of the page, disregard the second page it's only for restriction or duplicate licenses)

Mail both copies along with a $3 check/MO (made out to the "Westchester County Clerk") to:

Office of the Westchester County Clerk
Pistol Permit Unit
110 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
White Plains, NY 10601

Then wait...

OR you may go to the clerks office, pick up two of the forms, full them both out and drop them off at the clerks office again, but I find it's just easier to do it all by mail.

All the details are here: http://www.westchesterclerk.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=47

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks!

Do you know how long the wait is usually? I know the change of address was done within a week.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I've known people that have received the amended permit in about 2 weeks, I myself haven't had any come back faster than 6 weeks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My dad is applying for his permit 65 years old and decide to get into the hobby with me.
its never to late and I'm pround to spend time with him. Let's say he won't have to buy much I have everything LOL

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My uncle called them up. They're mailing him the forms. I guess he knows some of the people from when he worked for the county.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The instructions don't say so, but do you need to include a bill of sale with the amendment paperwork?

·
Registered
876 Posts
sr20sean, you were able to have prints taken 3 days after you submitted your paper work? I submitted my paperwork on 1/11. My appointment for prints was scheduled for 7/11, 7 month wait to get my prints done. After that I waited 6 weeks until I had my permit.

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
Amendments in Putnam come back in a week or less, I've had some done in 2 days. One of the best counties in the lower Hudson Valley for amendments now, Joyce rocks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
In Westchester, I've learned to call after a couple of weeks to check on status. More often than not, it's been signed and it sitting in a giant pile waiting to be mailed and I just go in and get it. Check the issued date vs the date you receive it and you'll get a sense for how long it sits between getting printed and getting mailed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just did my first amendment-got it in 10 days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts