New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a pistol permit with Hunting, Target restrictions on it. I completed the new18 hour course and filled out all the paperwork. I now have an "interview" with the judge scheduled soon. Wondering what questions the judge will ask me now that supposedly you don't have to show just cause to request conceal carry.

· Super Moderator
5,005 Posts
I currently have a pistol permit with Hunting, Target restrictions on it. I completed the new18 hour course and filled out all the paperwork. I now have an "interview" with the judge scheduled soon. Wondering what questions the judge will ask me now that supposedly you don't have to show just cause to request conceal carry.
Good luck and I haven’t heard of anyone having to go through this yet. Post up what was talked about after for our curious minds.
Honestly you hit the nail on the head right there that you don’t have to show proper cause but from what I know the requirement for disclosing social media accounts and good moral character are still on play since the second circuit court put a stay on that stuff. Be prepared to answer questions about your moral character, social media accounts and I would say what was discussed during your 18 hours of training.
Be prepared for everything because I don’t trust them not to screw you and you shouldn’t either. I’m assuming they will ask you about the CCIA and where you can and can’t carry and proper firearm storage so look that up as well.

· Registered
428 Posts
I submitted the paperwork in the middle of October. They called me to tell me the date of the interview.
Every County is different. Some are an email notification your pistol license is ready for pick up and no real interview. Other Counties have an officer canvass the neighbors and visit you at the residence. While most have a judge requiring the final step to sign off on the pistol license.

· Super Moderator
5,005 Posts
Every County is different. Some are an email notification your pistol license is ready for pick up and no real interview. Other Counties have an officer canvass the neighbors and visit you at the residence. While most have a judge requiring the final step to sign off on the pistol license.
The CCIA made an in-person interview mandatory prior to being issued a CCW. I’m wondering if this is how this county is handling it. I can’t imagine what the wait will be if so. Remember this was ruled unconstitutional but the second circuit put a stay on that so it is in effect. Same goes with the social media accounts.

· Registered
98 Posts
Why did you have to do the 18 hour course if you had your permit already? All I had to do was send in amendment form requesting unrestricted and it was sent to me unrestricted. No interview either and I’m in Albany.

· Registered
428 Posts
does anyone know if you have leosa active through army if you need a pistol permit in westchester
Under Federal Law, LEOSA will cover you. A while ago an off duty Coast Guard member was arrested for carrying a firearm. He didn’t have a New York Pistol License. The Coast Guard did not authorize him to carry a firearm off base. The judge ruled he was covered.
Another case involved a Constable from Pennsylvania who was collared in New York City. He was covered under LEOSA. The big problem is, Police will proceed with the arrest and the District Attorney will prosecute.

· Registered
14 Posts
Westchester County just called me today. My appointment is Jan 23. Any help in the matter would be helpful

1 - 20 of 43 Posts