New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone interested in the time for a Westchester amendment. Just added a gun to my permit. Mailed in the paperwork on 01/24/22. My check was cashed on 01/31/22. Received my amended permit and coupon to pickup in the mail today 03/17/22. I was hoping for a faster turn around time but it was as expected.

Registered
Congratulations. I would imagine that after all that wait, it must be exciting. That is as long as the whole new permit process here. To me that is incredibly slow and inexcusable. Three to five days for an amendment here, or as quick as the USPS can deliver the amended permits but Im much further from that big mess they call NYC.

Registered
So here is my experience with adding 5th handgun. Not quick like walking into a store and buying it but definitely better than I expected.

4/7/22 - Amendment sent.
4/15/22 - Check cashed
4/20/22 - Got a call for FFL receipt. I stupidly attached out of state gun shop receipt instead if FFL from NY. Called my FFL who faxed over required documents right then.
5/2/22 - Judge signed off
5/4/22 - Letter mailed
5/7/22 - Amendment in hand; Now got to go pick up the gun this week

This was in Lower Westchester for 5th handgun. No inspection or photo of safe requested.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
on the addition of my fifth gun I was asked for photos and a signed affidavit of a home safe.
This was Westchester county. If my memory is right it took them around six weeks to ask for this. The amended permit was several weeks later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts