New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was in Albany for a car club meeting, and on central ave is now a gun shop... didn't catch the name, but it's got a giant sign that says GUNS in front right off the road, figured it'd be a good place to stop, LOL

No pics/vids allowed, BUT it's by far one of the biggest "yes we have it in stock" places I've ever seen. There had to have been at least 100 variants of the AR in every caliber offered, he had 6 PX4 storms that had custom finishing on them (which apparently is done here in Rochester).

The highlights (for me anyway) was:

-m82a1 for $9k -- He let me touch it, then I touched myself... *drool*
-2 pre 89 ban HK 91's -- One in .223, one in .308. Nothing on them 'cept the collapsible stock, but they were clean as hell... $2300
-a true pre-ban P90 - again, looked damn near brand new

Also had a ton of shotguns, .22's w/ various scopes, etc...

Overall, prices weren't bad on most stuff, tons of selection, and the guys let us stay almost 30 min after they closed, really nice guys, answered questions, showed me some random stuff he can't sell, etc.

I am curious to know what everyone's opinion on $2300 for the HK - is that a fair price?

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
That had to be B & J Shooting supply with that selection. The 2300 price sounds normal for that. Might save 200 if you wait a few months and search gun listings every day...might not.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Random stuff he couldn't sell....? Such as?

$2300 is a fair price esp in great shape.

Ive never seen a civilian legal PS90, I'll call BS on that unless someone shows me where a non NFA PS90 was avail as a title 1 gun. Not that it matters anyways Bc it hasn't got a pistol grip, just a built in flash hider. Preban/post ban for that gun is a moot point in the end...

sure it wasn't just a regular ps90 with a preban mag? Btw it's nearly impossible to tell prebans from post bans for those mags if I recall. Much like AUG mags...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yes, that was a visit to B&J's on Central Ave. I know that some folks have complaints about them, but the combination of high availability, fair pricing, and the service has had me in the store a number of times.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Random stuff he couldn't sell....? Such as?

$2300 is a fair price esp in great shape.

Ive never seen a civilian legal PS90, I'll call BS on that unless someone shows me where a non NFA PS90 was avail as a title 1 gun. Not that it matters anyways Bc it hasn't got a pistol grip, just a built in flash hider. Preban/post ban for that gun is a moot point in the end...

sure it wasn't just a regular ps90 with a preban mag? Btw it's nearly impossible to tell prebans from post bans for those mags if I recall. Much like AUG mags...
B&J/American Shooter Supply has their Class 3, so I'm assuming that's the stuff that he couldn't sell.

Also, semi-auto P/PS90s weren't imported to the US until 2005. Anything before that was for LEO/Mil use, or just dealer samples as they were full-auto SBRs, so ban status doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yea it was class 3 stuff. I couldn't tell you names right now, I was more just like the fat kid in the candy store, but for adults, lol.

There was some sort of mac10/dc9/tec9-ish styled gun w/ a huge mag and an even bigger suppressor on it hanging on the wall - i just can't remember what it was.

the 90 did not have a mag attached to it, nor did it have a flash hider, perhaps I misheard him on it being pre ban? It only had options for safe and shoot (don't remember the letters, but one was red). I wish I had a picture, but i'm about 95% positive that it did not have a civilian length barrel either, it was the short one that looked like it was spiked (like on some shotguns).

It looked pretty damn close to this (no strap):

I liked the place though, glad some of you know what I was talking about, haha

maybe if one of you is in the area, you can go check it out and post up about how far off I am, lol

Next year i'll put up a post when i'll be out there, if anyone wants to invite a stranger to go shoot somewhere :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's B&J's, I've seen quiet a few of the PS90's with legal barrels their before but no SB versions, I think that is a MAC 10 with mock suppressor you saw. They also have a Vietnam issue M14 that was converted back to semi. And most of the guys who work their are funny as hell and really nice, especially Tom and Kyle. But that is a fair price for the HK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts