New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I sold my HK USC to member hotrod (with some numbers at the end, but I do not recall them off the top of my head), whom was very pleasant to deal with. I met with him in Saugerties (almost exactly an hour from my house) and on the way back from the transaction, the wheels in my head started spinning in my head about what to replace the USC with. I originally wanted another pistol caliber carbine. They're fun, low recoil, and give me more of a reason not to shop at Wal-Mart since I can't buy pistol ammo there.

Then I remembered a certain gun I wrote off long ago, before I was able to handle one in person that was used at a LGS. A Bushmaster ACR. So I ended up buying it. It felt great holding it, and I do like a couple of the features of it, such as the bolt hold open location (bottom of trigger guard for both holding open and releasing). I have not shot it yet, but look forward to doing so. Based on first impressions, I'd have to go ahead and say do not believe everything you read on the internet. It feels like a good quality rifle, even though there's a lot of polymer on it like the SCAR. Though the SCAR feels lighter, and also feels great to hold/shoot, the higher weight of the ACR feels good as well. Wikipedia says the ACR is 7.8lbs, but that is with the 14.5" barrel (mine has 16.5"), so I'd say this weights 8lbs with a mag in it. FN's site says the SCAR 17S is 8lbs empty. Interesting.

Anyways, here's some pics and I can't wait to shoot this soon.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Does it take AR mags? That would be good for preban capacity

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Nice rifle...! What do these run anyway if you don't mind me asking ?

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These do take AR mags. For some reason some do not drop free, or at least one of mine don't that I tested, so tomorrow I'm gonna try all 30 of my prebans to see what drops free then prolly mark them somehow so I know as soon as I pick the mag up if it'll drop without needing any "encouragement". I love handling it, though I still haven't shot it.

For value, I'd say anywhere from $2400 new, to $1600 ish used. I'm happy with what I paid, and if I want to sell it down the road I'm sure I wouldn't take too much of a loss.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
These do take AR mags. For some reason some do not drop free, or at least one of mine don't that I tested, so tomorrow I'm gonna try all 30 of my prebans to see what drops free then prolly mark them somehow so I know as soon as I pick the mag up if it'll drop without needing any "encouragement". I love handling it, though I still haven't shot it.

For value, I'd say anywhere from $2400 new, to $1600 ish used. I'm happy with what I paid, and if I want to sell it down the road I'm sure I wouldn't take too much of a loss.
That is badass, my choice in rifles always leans very far towards what I can get prebans for, if I ever have the chance in a few years I know that these have prebans available now.

Get some blood red duracoat and make stencil so you can spray "SCAR" on the back of all the mags that work :)

it'll look cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts