Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Better gun laws not as much b.s and cheaper living
where would u want to go. ?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
My Dad just moved there, they seem happy...

I have my eyes on New Hampshire... but the wife is hard to convince. Once the kids are raised up and out of school she wont have a choice lol

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
For me, I'm hoping for New Hampshire, Maine, or Alaska. I love everything about the south, except that its in the south.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
That's where the wife and I will go if/when we ever exit this state. I drove through the eastern portion of the state from Georgia back to NY in May. Views were sparse from along route 75 as the trees were very tall and thick, but from what I could see it was a beautiful area.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I was in TN for the second time in April. We're about 50/50 set on the Nashville or Franklin areas for when I retire in 5 or 8 years. I want to spend some time there in the dead of summer before I decide as I am not a big heat guy.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Have a cousin that moved to Nashville 5 years ago from NY. Was a long island boy then moved up here to Ulster County. He def likes it down there but said if he could afford it he would move back but quality of life and cost of living is great down there. That and ya know a lot less snow lol

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have a cousin that moved to Nashville 5 years ago from NY. Was a long island boy then moved up here to Ulster County. He def likes it down there but said if he could afford it he would move back but quality of life and cost of living is great down there. That and ya know a lot less snow lol
Yeah no snow is a plus I just bought a tractor and snowblower this year so I'm figuring it's probably not going to snow lol

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Friend of mine in the Johnson City area, need to get down there some time soon. Anybody here ever read Joel Skousen's "Strategic Relocation"?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I went to Knoxville in April to visit the Wife's Aunt and possible move in the future, a little to much city around that area for this country boy. Started looking into different area's out in the sticks where I'm much more comfortable. I will need some land for me to move so when I feel like letting a few rounds fly I can open the window or shoot off the front or back porch kinda like I do now. ;)

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
My Brother-in-law moved to TN about 7 years ago. They love it. We are planning on moving there in 5 years.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'm onboard if we can create a NYFville or NYFerTown commune! Otherwise, New Hampshire is most probable bug out locale.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.