New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havent seen him in probably 10 years. Mark owned his own company, got hurt on the job and ended up having to stop working and took pain killers. Mark got addicted to these Dr prescribed pain killers and last I heard from his brother is that he was still on them.
I doubt I will ever see him again and I honestly think him going away could be the best thing for him.

If you know anyone who takes prescription pain killers, try and get them help. I have seen way to many families ruined from prescription drugs. Girl I grew up with, husband owned his own business, same thing happened, got hurt and hooked on pain killers. Got caught writing his own prescriptions, stole money from his wife, sold things in the house to buy more drugs. Divorced

Arrest made in connection with three armed robberies - The Daily News Online: News

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
When they build up a tolerance for the painkillers it becomes very expensive to buy them and eventually they learn heroin is cheaper, then it's over . I've known friends and family who have gone down that path. I wont even associate with them cause i know they will eventually steal from me. To my knollage only one of them have recovered. Horrible way to end up.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I had a childhood friend I knew him since the 1st grade. He got hooked on OxyContin and went to rob a pharmacy with a BB gun. The pharmacist stalled till the police showed up. They didn't know it was a BB gun and killed him. South buffalo is awash with rx drugs and addicts.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I lived in south Florida for a bit and pill addiction was rampant.

Guy I used to work with was addicted pretty bad. He had a severe motorcycle accident, the big problem he ran into was the hospital would not give him doses anywhere near his tolerance, so sadly he had to endure weeks of suffering.

Sad how big of a problem this has become to people of all ages and races

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.