New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's had some trouble getting through the night so reluctantly let in. During the scene where the shark jumps on the back of Orca my boy was yelling OH GOSH progressively louder about every three seconds. Funny **** right there. He said it was the best movie he ever saw. In the middle of the night he scared the daylights out of me when I woke to find him just standing with his nose 2" from mine. Yep, had to bring him back to bed and stay with him until he fell asleep. He just came into our room humming the main theme. Here we go again, lol...

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
Some people have to learn the hard way. ;)

That movie scared the crap out of me when I was little. I was afraid to even go near a drainage ditch.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
lol... thats awesome.. im laughing at the nose to nose thing..

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Ha ha ha, you asked for it CG, you're right, that is funny chit. I read the book while at the beach a long long time ago...

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
One of my all time favorites.

Now it's time to show him the sequel. I thought #2 was almost as good as #1.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
My son is reluctant to go in the ocean after watching Jaws. When we went rafting a couple weeks ago I asked one of the guys working there about river sharks. He just smiled and didn't answer the question, my sons eyes were as big as saucer plates lol! We have to avoid shark week on the discovery channel also or he will come in our room all night long. The funny thing is he's watched videos and seen pics of me and the wife diving with sharks. No cages, chum in the water and 10'-12' black tips. Man I miss Honduras!

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
Going to derail a little here. Been trying to get some work done the last couple days. Have I missed any reloading bench updates?

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope. Actually have been pretty busy with real work and haven't worked on it which is good because finish on top has had a chance to dry. Going to sand it out again and give it another coat. Need to trim top cabinets and build shelves and doors.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
I became scared of the ocean after seeing Jaws.
I was 7 or 8 when I watched it for the first time. Scared the **** out of me. We were at my uncles' beach in New Rochelle and they took me and my brothers out on the boat the next day. My brothers and cousins were all out in the water and I can remember staring at the water with my life vest on.. and I can see it like it was yesterday.. I can even feel the panic. No way was I going in that water.. no way, no how..

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
You do realize that that shark ultimately graduated from law school and became a premier divorce lawyer? He passed the bar and is living in Rhode Island.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Never seen jaws but I have had a life long fear of going in the ocean. I won't set on foot in it. Thank you discovery channel!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Why didn't you have him tell mom..."we're gonna need a bigger boat"...as a matter of fact my daughter went out and bought her first Garand

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I'm watching Jaws right now for the second time this week ! I like Quint , he,s my hero ! Here's to swimming with bowlegged women ! Here lies the body of Mary Lee who died at the age of 103 .

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I'm watching Jaws right now for the second time this week ! I like Quint , he,s my hero ! Here's to swimming with bowlegged women ! Here lies the body of Mary Lee who died at the age of 103 .
Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies...........

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Never seen jaws but I have had a life long fear of going in the ocean. I won't set on foot in it. Thank you discovery channel!
You should see it then. You'll find that there's nothing in the ocean to be afraid of, Chief Brody took care of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts