New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not all Dems are Rats!

Political positions;
Grimes stated she would vote to delay the employer mandate for small businesses in the Affordable Care Act, but supports the act's goals of increasing coverage. She has criticized Mitch McConnell's votes to defund the act on the grounds that doing so would "destroy Kynect," Kentucky's state-based insurance exchange.

In November 2013, Grimes said that as a member of the National Rifle Association, her "strong support for the Second Amendment is unquestioned" and added that she was "proud of Kentucky's long-held gun ownership, sporting and hunting traditions", inviting McConnell to go shooting with her.

Grimes has said that she is "pro-choice down the line on abortion" and opposes efforts to prohibit abortion after 20 weeks. She explained "I come from a family of five women. I would never pretend to tell one of my sisters what to do with their body and I don't want the federal government doing that either.… When it comes to choice, I believe, should a woman have to make that decision, it's between herself, her doctor, and her God."

Grimes supports Israel's Iron Dome missile defense system, saying that "the Iron Dome has been a big reason why Israel has been able to withstand the terrorists that have tried to tunnel their way in."

Grimes opposes further EPA rules on powerplant emissions, arguing that they will result in job losses in Kentucky's coal industry.

Grimes supports reducing taxes for businesses that provide child care to their employees, has called for pay equity for female employees and expressed her desire to increase the federal minimum wage.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Your belief that she won't vote lockstep with the Dem leadership is naive at best, she is EXACTLY the wrong kind of person for elected office, just another political legacy who's cashing in on her family's name. I hate McConnell and think he's arguably the worst Majority Leader in modern political history, but Grimes is nothing but a brunette Gillibrand. Once elected, she will do EXACTLY as instructed by the Dem leadership.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Not naive, most if not all politicians change direction after election! But who's to say Astorino won't roll over after he's elected? He's talking the talk (like they all do) but don't be surprised when nothing happens on the safe act. It's going to take YEARS to get rid of that crap, years and lots of court dates to maybe get it watered down a bit. I'm voting Astorino/Moss but as I said "Everybody is talking the talk" at the moment!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I only have one thing to say Kirsten Gillibrand...................
In the House, Gillibrand was an opponent of strict gun control, in the Senate she, scaled back her former support of gun rights

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I only have one thing to say Kirsten Gillibrand...................
yeah right after Schumer said that if she continued to promote gun rights , he would make sure that she lost the next election ! That was the end of anything that promoted " free thinking " by Gillibrand !

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
yeah right after Schumer said that if she continued to promote gun rights , he would make sure that she lost the next election ! That was the end of anything that promoted " free thinking " by Gillibrand !
Yep, I saw it on the news announcing her appointment when upchuck said in that arrogant, smarmy, menacing voice he uses on occasion "she will come around to the right thinking on this" as he leaned into the microphone in answering a question on her more conservative ideas on gun control. What a skank, both of them.
Robin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts