New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to go to Gander Mountain today to pickup a rifle case for my 308 and while I was there I was talking to the manager about are magazines limits and again this is just talks that he had heard that manufactures of our pistols said that they would be making the new 7 round magazines and that they would be swapping out are existing mags for the new 7 round magazine..

Not sure about rifle mags but the way he was telling me it could be for every magazine..

Again the manager said this was just talks about what they may do for us in NY..

Hopefully we will know in the coming weeks or months..

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Let's hope the law is stricken from the record in a few months. Hopefully they will make these magazines so I can shoot my dangerous weapon of mass destruction at the range.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let's hope the law is stricken from the record in a few months. Hopefully they will make these magazines so I can shoot my dangerous weapon of mass destruction at the range.
Yes line them up on the bench and let the attack begin...

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Maybe I'll get some other people to join in as well. I haven't been to the range in a month or two...

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I think is is for those who do not want the hassle of having 10 round mags and making the mistake of getting caught having them loaded with more then 7 rounds I would presume..

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I still think its silly. 10 rounders will be rare and impossible to replace. Buy a few 7s for carry and keep your 10s...

But I think the 7/10 round thing is going to get amended anyway so its probably a moot point.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I would be happy to give you a 7 round mag for a 10.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I had to go to Gander Mountain today to pickup a rifle case for my 308 and while I was there I was talking to the manager about are magazines limits and again this is just talks that he had heard that manufactures of our pistols said that they would be making the new 7 round magazines and that they would be swapping out are existing mags for the new 7 round magazine..

Not sure about rifle mags but the way he was telling me it could be for every magazine..

Again the manager said this was just talks about what they may do for us in NY..

Hopefully we will know in the coming weeks or months..
I wouldnt give Gander Mountain any money for any kind of firearms. Go to Dicks Country Store on rt 11, they will know what they are talking about. I seriously doubt alot of manufactures will replace mags, or even make 7 rounders. They will most likely say EAD.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wouldnt give Gander Mountain any money for any kind of firearms. Go to Dicks Country Store on rt 11, they will know what they are talking about. I seriously doubt alot of manufactures will replace mags, or even make 7 rounders. They will most likely say EAD.
That is your choice I was mainly pointing out what I was told from GM manager,Dick Sporting Goods is right next to Gander Mountain where I live and they are total jerks here, any time I went to Dicks they only had 1 associate to help with any of your needs in there firearm section and they where not very knowledgeable when it came to firearms as for GM at least they have more the 4 people to help you and at least they higher people that have the knowledge to help there customers,I am not saying all GM or Dicks are the same..

Also in my OP I did not say it was going to happen,I stated it was mentioned and it was being talked about..

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I'm confused on why you are swapping out your legal 10 rounders, for 7. Makes 0 sense.

·
Registered
931 Posts
That is your choice I was mainly pointing out what I was told from GM manager,Dick Sporting Goods is right next to Gander Mountain where I live and they are total jerks here, any time I went to Dicks they only had 1 associate to help with any of your needs in there firearm section and they where not very knowledgeable when it came to firearms as for GM at least they have more the 4 people to help you and at least they higher people that have the knowledge to help there customers,I am not saying all GM or Dicks are the same..

Also in my OP I did not say it was going to happen,I stated it was mentioned and it was being talked about..
Dicks Country Store on route 11. Not dicks sporting goods. Its on the way to Malone. Not too far from Rouses Point.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am not going to trade any of mine,but if they do make any 7 round mags which I am sure they will I make sure to buy 2 for each pistol I have which is 3 pistols I own now..

I honestly can not see them not making them for our pistols as they would lose to much money in revenue from us New Yorkers or any other State that has this 7 round limits..

I mean if this laws stays and is not over turned and any new New Yorkers applying for pistol permits would not have many choices on what pistol they be able to buy..

There are not very many semi auto pistols that have a 7 round mags and the only other choice they would have are revolvers.And I think the semi auto out way the revolver over a lot new permit holders..

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dicks Country Store on route 11. Not dicks sporting goods. Its on the way to Malone. Not too far from Rouses Point.
Sorry my mistake yes there very nice and they do have good deals but he could not get me what I needed and if he could he was actually going to charge me the same amount money for the same gun GM would sell me,so I bought all my guns from GM since there a lot closer to me.

If I could have gotten a certain pistol I wanted from Dick Country Store like my FN Herstal 5.7.28 which he had to order I would have bought from them but it was $400 more the GM and they had the pistol in-stock..

·
Registered
810 Posts
Revolvers are superior in inherent accuracy reliability and durability to an auto - too bad no one learns how to master them anymore.
they are harder to shoot well compared to auto but once you master them it is hard to go back to autos.
don't get me wrong autos have a place and I have some ( 7 or 8 I think) and I detest being limited with this new law, but revolvers are great once you get to know them

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read the bill yesterday, and I saw no exemption for .22 rimfire rifles. I guess that means my 10/22 will be paperweight in a year. I can't tell you how upset I am with this new law. I'm a 65 year old male who has been a law abiding citizen all my life. I guess that counts for nothing. I contacted both Cuomo's office and my rep, Frank Skardoplos (I'm guessing the spelling), and didn't even get a robo-reply! My opinion is that this is the first step in totally disarming the citizens of America.

Ruger's site indicates that they will probably provide 7 round mags for their firearms in the near future. Hope so....Stay frosty, gemtlemen!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts