New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all! I'm turning in my app. tomorrow and was just wondering if anyone knew how wayne county does there reference checks? they didnt ask for phone numbers on the app. do they send out questioneers?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks was just wondering so i would have an idea of when they start looking at the app.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Few days over 4 months for me so far...no references visited, none called (no phone numbers asked for) and no visit from the sheriff yet. I am sure Tom is taking good care of my gun at his store in Sodus.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
definitely not looking forward to the long wait. was hoping for at least before hunting season but I'm not very optimistic.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My references were not called or contacted when I went through the process earlier this year in Wayne Co. Good luck with it!

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
They never contacted mine either. I just assume they only check references if there are any red flags.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In the same boat here. A buddy and I dropped ours off last Friday and are now playing the waiting game. At least my CT lasergrip is here for my M&P 45 so I have something to remind me that it is at the gun shop in the meanwhile :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts