New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
Looking for some input from the forum. I have a friend debating on selling his Wasr 10. He is working on a price, but I am looking to get an idea what something like this may run- so that if he comes back with a good price, I'll scoop it up.

He has the wood furniture but has gone more tactical with it. He has a cheaper red dot as well as a laser and a flashlight all mounted on rails. He also has 5 30 round mags. It is in nice enough shape and works well.

Any thoughts ? Again, I have seen these jump up a bit recently, but what is a fair price to pay? What would you pay if he was offering it to you? And no, I am not offering it to you right now! Lol.

Thanks team!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
from the description of his "Tactical upgrades", I'm going to go out a a limb and guess that they are going to be worthless. The stock WASR goes for anywhere from 400-600 depending on where you live. I bought mine for ~450 about a year or so ago. Pre-ban mags are nice in the deal, however they are very plentiful and inexpensive.

Check to make sure the front sight and gas block are not canted. Check to make sure the magazines don't wobble.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
I agree with Trek, 450-600 retail. Anything 400 or less is a good price on a used one.
All the add-on crap is worthless and the mags maybe $10 a piece.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
If you could get the brand of the gear he has on it we could give you a better idea, there are lots and lots of really crappy tactical gear for AKs but then there are tapco, mako, arsenal inc. and other companies that produce decent stuff.

Best thing I suggest is seeing if he will just give you the WASR with the mags and original wooden stuff on it for 400 flat, that way you can do the whole tactical thing your way later on if you choose.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I'd be interested in it in original form with mags at +/- $500 depending on condition but less if I have to reverse engineer all the tactical stuff and make it functional again.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good call, guys. I appreciate the input. I wasnt really in the market for an AK at the present, and that will hopefully work in my favor. I expect that the light, the laser, and the dot sight are probably along the inexpensive lines, because when he bought it (an impulse buy, no less) he was kinda crying poor. But, you know how it is when you buy a guy, then you almost immediately start looking for the 'add ons' to make it a little more fun.

I just wanted to see where these start out at, even as stock. I am not a huge fan of the wood furniture, but depending on the stock that is on it, it may go back to wood if I buy. Nice to know there are a few picatinny rails in place already. Again, I am not in the market, so maybe he will throw me a good deal because of that.

I will try to get an idea of the manufacturer names for some of the extra stuff he has on there, but knowing the starting point for pricing is a big help. Thanks again!

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
But, you know how it is when you buy a guy, then you almost immediately start looking for the 'add ons' to make it a little more fun.
My Fiance says she knows EXACTLY what you're talking about .... I'm still trying to figure it out. ;)

BTW .... my friend bought a WASR 10 and it came with four 30rd Mags for $465. from a dealer a few months ago. I would agree with the $400-$500 price range. Good luck to ya .... now to figure out what she's talking about.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But, you know how it is when you buy a guy, then you almost immediately start looking for the 'add ons' to make it a little more fun.
Crap! I meant to say "buy a gun", not buy a guy. Hey Chickenshoot - what is your wife talking about, anyway? LOL.

·
Registered
296 Posts
you guy's would of crapped at the prices for WASR's mosins ar's etc at LGS in Raleigh. Whole row (20+) Mosins $70 and less, complete uppers DPMS NIB 150-250 depending on caliber, lowers less than 50, again DPMS but still.....

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
you guy's would of crapped at the prices for WASR's mosins ar's etc at LGS in Raleigh. Whole row (20+) Mosins $70 and less, complete uppers DPMS NIB 150-250 depending on caliber, lowers less than 50, again DPMS but still.....
Less than $50 for a DPMS lower? i dont see how they could sell them that cheap. Thats literally like not even possible

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don't know how that's unrealistic, online they range from $99 to $159 depending on which ripoff artist you buy from. no seriously at Sovereign Guns in Fuquay Varina DPMS lowers on sale at $49.99, No BS No lies, according to them lol. I really liked these shops, stuff that you could/would NEVER see here, I can't remember off the top of my head the other LGS names but not a whole lot of differences in price

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
I don't know how that's unrealistic, online they range from $99 to $159 depending on which ripoff artist you buy from. no seriously at Sovereign Guns in Fuquay Varina DPMS lowers on sale at $49.99, No BS No lies, according to them lol. I really liked these shops, stuff that you could/would NEVER see here, I can't remember off the top of my head the other LGS names but not a whole lot of differences in price
you cant even get the cheapest of lowers for $50ea at dealer cost when you order $2000 worth of the same lower.

i highly doubt a shop is in business to lose money. that doesnt sound right. If it was true, id drive out there right now and snap them all up for that price point.

ETA: $159 isnt a "rip off artist" price on a DPMS lower when even online they are $115-125. Then add in $5 for shipping..so $130. Then if you had a transfer would be $20-30. Its better to buy locally and literally pay just about the same price, than constantly order online at Buds, etc. If that keeps up, you wont see any gun shops in existence, everything will be mail order online, and all the "shops" will only be places for transfers basically. Just sayin.

Again, businesses arent in the business to lose money, or provide services as a charity. To think someone is a rip off artist because they are making $30 on a $120 stripped lower isnt exactly a fair statement.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts